The common cold, what treatment do YOU recommend?

k-4

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
500
Reaction score
0
Currently used about 6 toilet rolls in 3 days and I'm tired of being sick, blocked and leaking nose, sore dry throught. Burning dry nose from blowing all the time. What do you recommend? Perhaps you know of a few good home remedies ?

What I'm taking,

Med lemon, it's done wonders for me before but sadly not this time.

I drink milk to soothe my dry throught.

I've googled it several times but I'm looking for recommendations and products that actually work and are available in local pharmacys. There are even a few articles saying colds are incurable. I've googled it several times before and always got nowhere.
 
Hot red/green/yellow curry, blankets and dota. Lots of dota. Drink orange juice / water / coke for liquids.

At least that's what has worked for me in the past.
 
Currently used about 6 toilet rolls in 3 days and I'm tired of being sick, blocked and leaking nose, sore dry throught. Burning dry nose from blowing all the time. What do you recommend? Perhaps you know of a few good home remedies ?

What I'm taking,

Med lemon, it's done wonders for me before but sadly not this time.

I drink milk to soothe my dry throught.

I've googled it several times but I'm looking for recommendations and products that actually work and are available in local pharmacys. There are even a few articles saying colds are incurable. I've googled it several times before and always got nowhere.

Overdose on things like Corenza C, then sleep a fair chunk.
 
Garlic. Pre-chopped is fine. Two tablespoons on a slice of bread before bed time.
 
I dose up on corenza c or efferflu (either of the fizzy things) and eat a fair few strepsils (sugar free ones). Usually sorts me out.

Oh and stay away from milk, no wonder you have so much snot action :wtf:
 
Currently used about 6 toilet rolls in 3 days and I'm tired of being sick, blocked and leaking nose, sore dry throught. Burning dry nose from blowing all the time. What do you recommend? Perhaps you know of a few good home remedies ?

What I'm taking,

Med lemon, it's done wonders for me before but sadly not this time.

I drink milk to soothe my dry throught.

I've googled it several times but I'm looking for recommendations and products that actually work and are available in local pharmacys. There are even a few articles saying colds are incurable. I've googled it several times before and always got nowhere.

Corenza Para-C Effervescent

CORENZA%20PARA%20C-500x500.jpg


It's super effective. You will be up and running again in 2 days max if you take them today.
 
Cold or flue, not much you can do. Only thing is to use a nose spray to dry out your nose when going to sleep so you can breathe.
 
I find a mix of med-lemon in the mornings and at night before I go to sleep along with Flutex or Hot Toddy seems to work well. And Strepsils for the sore throat, sometimes. You could also try one of those nasal decongestants to dry out your nose so it will heal from all the blowing
 
I got myself a bell last time.....every time I ring it somebody comes to bring me meds, food, drinks
 
Currently used about 6 toilet rolls in 3 days and I'm tired of being sick, blocked and leaking nose, sore dry throught. Burning dry nose from blowing all the time. What do you recommend? Perhaps you know of a few good home remedies ?

What I'm taking,

Med lemon, it's done wonders for me before but sadly not this time.

I drink milk to soothe my dry throught.

I've googled it several times but I'm looking for recommendations and products that actually work and are available in local pharmacys. There are even a few articles saying colds are incurable. I've googled it several times before and always got nowhere.



Recommend staying away from the milk. Less snot and bacteria to make your throat sore.
 
Just a few things that seem to help me. I am almost never sick for more than 2 days:

2x Corenza C at the first sign of trouble. Keep taking them until you're better.
Soft tissues. No toilet paper.
Blow your nose 200 times a day if you have to, Don't swallow.
Spit out whatever gunk you can when you wake up in the morning. Don't swallow. Sounds gross, but I don't care.
No antibiotics unless your life is in danger.

If my sinuses are badly blocked, I also sniff distilled water very gently up into my nose, then let it drain out without blowing my nose to relieve my sinuses and feel more like a human being again. This congestion is what I hate the most.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X