The Craft Beer Thread

Toxxyc

Expert Member
TBH I was at Bootleggers in Fourways again on Friday. For the third time in a row I would have walked out of that store with expired beer. I spoke to someone who seems to be a manager of sorts, and he asked one of the staff if he "checked this rack" for expired beers. "Yes, all removed" came the answer. So I opened the fridge and showed him all the beers that has expired in February. "Oh I didn't check the singles in the fridge". So they left. I went over to the Mad Giant 4-packs, wanting to take a pilsner 4-pack. All expired. The whole damn rack.

They can go piss off now.

BCO

Honorary Master
TBH I was at Bootleggers in Fourways again on Friday. For the third time in a row I would have walked out of that store with expired beer. I spoke to someone who seems to be a manager of sorts, and he asked one of the staff if he "checked this rack" for expired beers. "Yes, all removed" came the answer. So I opened the fridge and showed him all the beers that has expired in February. "Oh I didn't check the singles in the fridge". So they left. I went over to the Mad Giant 4-packs, wanting to take a pilsner 4-pack. All expired. The whole damn rack.

They can go piss off now.
Eish, I'll send my CRM guy there to check on our own stock.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Yeah I spoke to the guys at Mad Giant already. Guy went there and took a look to make sure all expired stock is off the shelves. It was. Two weeks later when I get there, expired stock back on the shelves. He says he thinks someone might be delivering expired stock to them. IMO, it's terrible. They should check before they stock. Of all the Mad Giant beers on their shelves only two 4-packs of their Cannabis Ale was not expired when I checked.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
So Heineken owns part of Jack Black

Just had a few Lagunita IPAs. Apparently fifth biggest selling craft beer in US. Brought to SA by Heineken.

Buy one get one free special. R25 on tap. Bargain!

DCS

So Heineken owns part of Jack Black

Just had a few Lagunita IPAs. Apparently fifth biggest selling craft beer in US. Brought to SA by Heineken.

Buy one get one free special. R25 on tap. Bargain!
At what point does a craft beer become not a craft beer? Can it still be a craft beer if it's mass produced...

beans100

Honorary Master
At what point does a craft beer become not a craft beer? Can it still be a craft beer if it's mass produced...
Huge price tags attached to "Craft beer". I was visiting a friend in Strand (Somerset-west) last weekend, he took me for a few ales at Triggerfish. Like R45 per glass, for some of them.