The Home Improvements Thread (3)

Anyone done or redone their irrigation solenoid valve wiring themselves? Our puppy had a field day with ours when I left the valve box open one day. I managed to figure it all out again but it is hacked together for now using porcelain screw connectors and one medium size chocolate block. I am looking at these to connect the signal wires together

1079851_679f.jpg



I need to find something for the ground wires, there is a single ground from controller that needs to connect to 8 individual grounds, one from each solenoid. Any suggestions?

I managed to find these at Chamberlains in Strubens Valley yesterday, under R60 for a pack of 5 and they can take 3 wires so perfect for the signal wiring and then daisy chaining the ground wires together.
 
Gents, solutions if you will:

I have a wellpoint and it has water.. However, it doesn't provide a consistent flow, drops for a second or two every now and then.. My neighbour also has a wellpoint and he has the same inconsistent flow..

I have a pressure pump controller on the pump, but it looks like the inconsistent flow may be causing the system to lose pressure after a few open and close cycles.. Now the pump controller is switching itself on and off automatically throughout the day and night for about 5 or so seconds..

Not sure if there's anything I can do from here to correct..
 
Gents, solutions if you will:

I have a wellpoint and it has water.. However, it doesn't provide a consistent flow, drops for a second or two every now and then.. My neighbour also has a wellpoint and he has the same inconsistent flow..

I have a pressure pump controller on the pump, but it looks like the inconsistent flow may be causing the system to lose pressure after a few open and close cycles.. Now the pump controller is switching itself on and off automatically throughout the day and night for about 5 or so seconds..

Not sure if there's anything I can do from here to correct..
Not sure if it's completely relevant to your issue, but on our boreholes if the pump starts cavitating ( i.e. oversized pump for the rate of fill, so the pump starts sucking air) a quick and dirty is to choke the outlet with a tap.
So you slowly close the tap until the the pipe flows full and consistently.

Would a small tank feeding the pressure pump not perhaps solve your problem?
 
Not sure if it's completely relevant to your issue, but on our boreholes if the pump starts cavitating ( i.e. oversized pump for the rate of fill, so the pump starts sucking air) a quick and dirty is to choke the outlet with a tap.
So you slowly close the tap until the the pipe flows full and consistently.

Would a small tank feeding the pressure pump not perhaps solve your problem?
It becomes a catch 22 then, because what do I fill the tank with..? Simply filling the small tank with municipal water and I lose savings from the wellpoint and filling with the wellpoint, I still could be stuck with the current issue..
 
It becomes a catch 22 then, because what do I fill the tank with..? Simply filling the small tank with municipal water and I lose savings from the wellpoint and filling with the wellpoint, I still could be stuck with the current issue..
I don't know your exact setup obviously, but if you have the well pump controlled by a level sensor in the tank so that the tank stays full then you have a 100/200L (whatever size tank) buffer.

The pressure pump is then gravity fed from said tank which should in theory be filling at the same time, just a thought...

I am of course assuming that you have a submersible in the well.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X