The New Normal Post COVID

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
How we greet others may be forever changed
No longer will I be a hugger. Kisses are out altogether. And, as respected immunologist Dr. Anthony Fauci has said, “We can forget about shaking hands.” Yes, I’ll adopt some of the peculiarities of the obsessive-compulsive television character Monk. Elbow bumps and a pleasant nod will be my way of saying “hello” and “nice to meet you.” Congratulations? A perky thumbs-up will work.

Lynn Norment is a Memphis journalist
What do you predict as being The New Normal post COVID?

How will our lives and norms change forever from now on?

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
I was wondering about schools - when they do start, will they have morning assemblies?
Maybe a PA system instead?

How many kids in a class?

How do you police break times?

The mind boggles ......

saor

Honorary Master
So pre-sex shower & scrub & full body sanitize.
Kiss with a layer of clingfilm between us.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Assemblies should've always been done by the PA, never understood why we had to all congrecate at the hall. My reasoning was they've built this massive room, may as well be used for something.
More jobs that can be done from home, to be done from home.
Less traffic due to this
More companies streamlining.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Restaurants where we are are open at 50% capacity .... how will they survive or will they raise prices.
They show menus and take orders via the phone, to restrict the handling of menus.

Gov. Cuomo - has opened NY beaches at 50% capacity - question - whats 50% of a beach?

saor

Honorary Master
Restaurants where we are are open at 50% capacity .... how will they survive or will they raise prices.
They show menus and take orders via the phone, to restrict the handling of menus.
This makes so much more sense anyway. They can push daily specials right to the menu, have walk-in specials etc. They're gonna need to figure out ways to get more feet in the door.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Aircraft - flights

I wonder if the seating will change?

As it stands now, in the US anyway, the local flights with 3 3 seating are not booking the middle seat, so a 2 2 seating.
Of course, this means 33% odd less passengers - and I am sure we all know where the airline industry is right now.

grok

Honorary Master
So pre-sex shower & scrub & full body sanitize.
Kiss with a layer of clingfilm between us.
As good a time as any to start investing in the robot sex machine market, those at least can be popped in the dishwasher once the previous person is done.

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Gonna be interesting when you go renew your ID or passport ...... governments just love keeping folks in queues