The Official Xiaomi Thread

janellis

Bought a phone for a friend of Mi Africa due to Takealot not having stock. Next day delivery with free shipping. Top draw service....
glad to hear that...i was thinking of ordering a wifi 6 gaming router from them AX9000 i think

bob2142

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
One thing which I've noticed :

With my Redmi 4A I can double-tap, then slide down to activate the torch/wifi/4G

With the Note 8 I have to unlock first before I can slide down to activate torch/wifi/4G

Is this a security consideration?
Hah. Sorted this issue as well.

IMG_20210420_200723.jpg

Mine was disabled for some reason. Good to know.

Defib

Expert Member
Does the note 9s have night mode on the camera? Please advise how to activate or use it

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Does the note 9s have night mode on the camera? Please advise how to activate or use it
Open Camera (this is on my Note 8, but I assume will be the same for other Redmi phones as well)
Go to Night (swipe to the left)
night.jpeg
You will need a steady hand to take night photos.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Ahhhhh... that prompted me to look at the camera app more in depth, as I was wondering why do yours have different features than mine although we have the same phone. And what I found was interesting.

The camera app has a hamburger bar. Tap on it to open a menu. Tap on settings in that menu.

Scroll down to customize, and tap on it.

Of interest will be feature layout and camera modes. There you will find a couple of extra modes (feature layout) and in camera modes you can choose which modes you can swipe left/right through.

Enjoy.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Just me or does anyone else with a Redmi Note 9 Pro notice a lack of tapping-sensitivity specifically in the bottom left and right corners of the display?

mervman

Just me or does anyone else with a Redmi Note 9 Pro notice a lack of tapping-sensitivity specifically in the bottom left and right corners of the display?
Same on my mi note 10. Just around the backspace area on the keyboard.

Vorastra

Executive Member
Same on my mi note 10. Just around the backspace area on the keyboard.
I can only assume that this is some weird software-based tap detection/rejection or something.
It's like it delays taps but once it registers, there's no issue whatsoever sliding over the area so it doesn't seem like it's a malfunctioning digitiser.

Could you do me a favour?

Can you install this app.

Go to the Hardware tab in the app. Then in the "graphics" section, what does it say next to "panel"?

Even better would be a screenshot, if you're fine with that.

mervman

Screenshot attached
220965bbd75f5117e6554fcb28691776.jpg