The Official Xiaomi Thread

phoenix99

Expert Member
Mi Mix 4 is looking mighty tempting... Currently using a Mi 9T and I don't ever want to see a camera notch or cut out again. roll on Black Friday!

Conack

Expert Member
Mi Mix 4 is looking mighty tempting... Currently using a Mi 9T and I don't ever want to see a camera notch or cut out again. roll on Black Friday!
Same, only I don't want a front-facing camera ever again - which is why I like the Mi 9T so much. I know exactly when that camera is watching.

Conack

Expert Member
You are always being watched front camera or not!

This looks like a really good deal https://mia.africa.com/product/redmi-note-10s-onyx-grey-128gb-free-mi-true-wireless-earbuds-basic-2/

The spec is very good as well https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_10s-10769.php

Any thoughts?

They can't "watch" what they can't see :p

As for the Redmi Note 10S - I would personally give it a hard pass.

Processor: Mediatek Helio G95
Slower charge and much less battery efficient CPU.
No custom rom support on this one and the display is 60hz, compared to the 120hz of the Pro.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Same, only I don't want a front-facing camera ever again - which is why I like the Mi 9T so much. I know exactly when that camera is watching.
Yip. I'll be sticking with my Mi 9T until it dies. Then hopefully proper under display selfie cams will have hit midrangers

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Redmi 9A for company phone any good? (MediaTek chipset)

Will be used for phone (voice), Whatsapp, Slack, Telegram, Teams, email (outlook) most of the time.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Redmi 9A for company phone any good? (MediaTek chipset)

Will be used for phone (voice), Whatsapp, Slack, Telegram, Teams, email (outlook) most of the time.
No chance in asking the powers that be to up the budget just a little? If not, be sure to get the 4GB RAM version. The 2GB ones will be a bit limited and the 3GB ones are also not going to have as much longevity in them.

Conack

Expert Member

Gona_G

I saw today Vodacom has the Redmi note 10 Pro listed for R4599.... Out of stock of course.

I still haven't been able to find out if the Vodacom variant has dual sim disabled. On Facebook someone complained that their second sim slot was glued shut by Vodacom. Can someone confirm or deny? No point in getting it with single sim.
This bundle is in stock again at Vodacom...apart from the disabled 2nd Sim any other reason not to consider getting it?

Quintrix

Its not on contract, it's the cash once off purchase option.
Its for my daughter and she will be using a Telkom Sim in the phone...I hope there won't be any issues?

Depend on your daughters needs. But a second sim as backup idling in slot 2 is slways a good-to-have

So they cripple a cash phone. That is just cruelty on a different level.

Gona_G

Depend on your daughters needs. But a second sim as backup idling in slot 2 is slways a good-to-have

So they cripple a cash phone. That is just cruelty on a different level.
I hear you...But at that price we'll take the risk and hope for the best!

Conack

Expert Member
Price appears to be up, R4999 now. Not so sure if the R400 discount is worth the disabled port and potential Vodacom shenanigans.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Price appears to be up, R4999 now. Not so sure if the R400 discount is worth the disabled port and potential Vodacom shenanigans.
If the phone lasts three years, that's R133 a year extra for the extra SIM slot. A bit more than R10 a month.

I think I'd rather go for the dual SIM model, in this case and I agree with your sentiment.

eddybsb4u

I placed an order for the Note 10 Pro on Friday afternoon from MIA shop and I received it this morning.

I'm still testing out the phone for reviews but so far everything is good and I'm impressed.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
Anyone looking for Redmi Note 4X spares?

I have:
  • The frame with antenna cable
  • Rear cover (silver)
  • Fingerprint sensor (also silver)
  • Front and back camera module
  • bottom PCB with speaker and vibration motor
  • top speaker
  • SIM tray
  • top and bottom antennae
  • Black rubber case with a pop-up stand thing

If anyone needs spares. Otherwise they are going in the recycling bin.

Sadly, the battery is long gone, and it bulged and cracked the LCD display, and I will be destroying the mainboard as there are sensitive documents still on the eMMC.

Would rather someone use it than it end up on a landfill.

Last edited: