The Official Xiaomi Thread

PhireSide

Honorary Master
According to the article, the EU ROMs don't use it, but do download the file regularly, so that's still an issue in my mind.

Is the pixel experience ROM , like an Android One ? No fluff except what Google has on their phones?

Did a cursory search into LineageOS but not wanting to deal with reinstall of phone from scratch especially all my Auth apps.
It is more or less stock Android, basically as you said - no fluff.

One aspect that I like is that if you long-press the power button, you get a menu to control all your Google Home devices:

Screenshot_20210924-124645_Brave.png

FlashSA

Executive Member
If I wanted a Chinese rom Note 10 Pro, where is the best site to import from? I want to stick with Miui dialler and the full auto call recording which I enjoy on my Mi 9T and which is invaluable for my business dealings. Not interested in the Google Dialler's watered down manual recording facility on Global Rom Miui

riscbroker

Expert Member
If I wanted a Chinese rom Note 10 Pro, where is the best site to import from? I want to stick with Miui dialler and the full auto call recording which I enjoy on my Mi 9T and which is invaluable for my business dealings. Not interested in the Google Dialler's watered down manual recording facility on Global Rom Miui
I've bought from these guys before:

looks like free shipping as well.....

Slip

One aspect that I like is that if you long-press the power button, you get a menu to control all your Google Home devices:

View attachment 1153740

You can also do this with the stock Note 10 pro firmware. There is a Smart Home option under notifications that I’ve linked to Home Assistant.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
You can also do this with the stock Note 10 pro firmware. There is a Smart Home option under notifications that I’ve linked to Home Assistant.
It wasn't an option with my Redmi Note 8 stock firmware, but this is good to know. Sadly, Xiaomi devices really fall behind with software updates after about a year after they are released.

ziyaad.jak

It wasn't an option with my Redmi Note 8 stock firmware, but this is good to know. Sadly, Xiaomi devices really fall behind with software updates after about a year after they are released.
Perhaps on the lower spec phones. I've still gotten updates on 3-5 year old higher spec models like the flagships...Mi 8, Mi 9.

Dudlu

Expert Member
Anyone knows how to get my bricked device to a centre? Looks like an overnight update may have messed me up. Tried flashing it myself but didn't work. Takealot won't accept it for repairs because it's out of warranty.

Dudlu

Expert Member

View attachment 1153740
On a different note, which music services are you able to link to your speakers? I want to get some but the only thing I see on Google Assistant is YouTube music and I'm concerned about it being the same with the speakers.

PhireSide

Honorary Master
On a different note, which music services are you able to link to your speakers? I want to get some but the only thing I see on Google Assistant is YouTube music and I'm concerned about it being the same with the speakers.
I currently have Youtube Music and Spotify, but it can stream from internet radio stations too, but mostly I just cast from my phone to the speaker as that's where most of my music is stored.

I use an Android app called Hi-Fi Cast which seems to work quite well.

ands45

Anyone knows how to get my bricked device to a centre? Looks like an overnight update may have messed me up. Tried flashing it myself but didn't work. Takealot won't accept it for repairs because it's out of warranty.
Assume the bootloader is locked? If so you would need to apply to unlock it before you can flash it, although not sure if you can unlock it while bricked, I imagine you should be able to

Dudlu

Expert Member
In your car or a taxi? Or maybe even a courier?
LOL, bad wording. I should have asked where I need to send it. I can't find anything online or I'm just bad at search. Xiaomi (or the distributor) wanted me to send it to them via Takealot but since it's out of warranty, Takealot isn't accepting it.

ejtango

My phone was bricked as well Tried Xiaomi local and international I searched XDA for a solution That helped Also try taking out the sim card and using another one Then back to the original one The one that is linked to your user account

ands45

Assume the bootloader is locked? If so you would need to apply to unlock it before you can flash it, although not sure if you can unlock it while bricked, I imagine you should be able to
You should be able to sort it yourself, if your device was registered to your Xiaomi account. I have done this when I bricked my device and fixed it. You need to unlock it https://en.miui.com/unlock/ then flash the firmware on again using the flash tool https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/02/07/download-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool/ just make sure to get the right version of the firmware for your device

@Dudlu

Dudlu

Expert Member
My phone was bricked as well Tried Xiaomi local and international I searched XDA for a solution That helped Also try taking out the sim card and using another one Then back to the original one The one that is linked to your user account
Do you mind sending me a link to the solution that helped.

Dudlu

Expert Member
You should be able to sort it yourself, if your device was registered to your Xiaomi account. I have done this when I bricked my device and fixed it. You need to unlock it https://en.miui.com/unlock/ then flash the firmware on again using the flash tool https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/02/07/download-xiaomi-mi-flash-tool/ just make sure to get the right version of the firmware for your device

@Dudlu
I only had a Google account linked to it unfortunately. Lesson learnt for next time I guess.

Dudlu

Expert Member
I currently have Youtube Music and Spotify, but it can stream from internet radio stations too, but mostly I just cast from my phone to the speaker as that's where most of my music is stored.

I use an Android app called Hi-Fi Cast which seems to work quite well.
Thank you. That helps.

DWPTA

Expert Member
So from paying to getting delivered was less than 24 hours from MIA Africa. Impressions so far excellent. Fast and responsive.

Any tips what to install, uninstall?