the ole microwave

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
I know it was discussed already somewhere,but i want your views on this.
why can man make a microwave but cannot design something that does the opposite effect.I know you can get these posh fridges that can freeze something in 18 minutes,but what about the 3 minute jobby freese.

Xarog

Honorary Master
Simply because it's much easier to add energy into an enviroment than it is to drag the energy out of the enviroment.

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
For gawd sake man put a man on the moon.Look at that great feat,Now lets start with the freeze.What you are saying is like kinda correct buy for fk sakes,are we that stupid not to design something for mass consumerz

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
well tial you dont want your child to get its fingers near such a thing.To dangerous.
I cant imagine You would want your child near a microwave either if it wasnt shielded. I'm sure someone could find a safe way of dunking something into liquid nitrogen.

I guess I have to ask. I can see the importance when microwaving something but what would be the benefit of being able to freeze your food in three minutes? Is there any need for the general consumer to be able to do that?

Xarog

Honorary Master
how long does it take to cool nitrogen down to the point that it becomes liquid, given the average temperature of the planet's atmosphere?

Takes a bit longer than that microwave does to cook a chicken, I think.

dablakmark8

Honorary Master
o yes there is..get a poll up and you will see how important it really is bwanna.
hey bwanna my birthday was on the 10 and i was not online but we can do it again before i leave.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
o yes there is..get a poll up and you will see how important it really is bwanna.
hey bwanna my birthday was on the 10 and i was not online but we can do it again before i leave.
Happy Birthday - albeit belatedly!

But no - no poll :p