The South Park Thread

Rharia

I love South Park myself, but I prefer the old seasons. It's a shame that behind the toilet and even primitive humor with direct metaphors, people don't see the meaning of the cartoon and the automatically think it's about the movie ITSELF, not about THESE people. The fact that the authors bring some jokes to the point of absurdity and make situations unrealistically frightening is the whole point as for me. Thus, you are given a different look at something or somehow reveal the character (although to me the series about the Human Centipede was way tooo much). But I still love South Park 4 life :0

FiestaST

Honorary Master
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut - "****" Compilation

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut was released in theaters 21 years ago today. How many times do you think "****" was said in the feature film?

krugie

I asked CC on Facebook and was told we will get the pandemic special the day after the US - Thu 01 Oct - at 21h30. TV guide doesn't show it (yet) but keep an eye out.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
I asked CC on Facebook and was told we will get the pandemic special the day after the US - Thu 01 Oct - at 21h30. TV guide doesn't show it (yet) but keep an eye out.

Nice. I will source my copy via alternate sources & watch it Thursday morning. Crazy amped for it.

The 1st ever 1hr SP special.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Finally finished The Pandemic Special. Imo return to form. Absolutely hilarious & extremely relevant. Enjoyed every min of it, the longer format does hold on. Some extremely meta moments in play. Highly quotable at the same time. MVP of the episode was Randy, for the most part he drove the entire episode home.

Now we just need to get S24 off the ground.

SP.JPG

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Five reasons everyone is talking about the 'South Park' pandemic special

"South Park" premiered its 24th season Wednesday by tackling the one thing on everyone's minds: 2020 and everything that comes with it.

In true "South Park" fashion, the one-hour "Pandemic Special" took fiery jabs at President Donald Trump, the COVID-19 pandemic and police brutality.

The episode was the talk of Twitter when it aired, as people either couldn't believe the network would air something like it or found the show hilariously relatable.

"South Park" is known for making commentary on current social issues, but this special really hit home as scene after scene reminded us of at least a few things we've experienced in the pandemic over the last seven months.

Here are five reasons why the "Pandemic Special" was such a talker.

The great mask debate

The drama of virtual schooling

The reason why Black Lives Matter protests are happening

The call to vote

The COVID-19 'cure'