The SpaceX Thread

McT

The Humble Scot!
A successful launch. The crew pod is on course for the ISS tomorrow morning. All going well, we shall see SpaceX launching peoples into the sky. Man alive! They really do make rocket launches and space travel give me goosebumps :love:

eg2505

Honorary Master
Well, this is kinda' called "The SpaceX Thread", so....
(You could always start a new thread ;) )
when it lands, you'll see a thread from me...
but in the meanwhile, yes it was launched on a spacex rocket, so it goes in this thread.

DTBA

Expert Member
If it does not get delayed I really can't wait for its second flight
1554098107008.png

Sugarman

Making Sugar
SpaceX's next-gen Starship completes first hopper test flight
The Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy are the stars of the show for SpaceX, but the company's deep space aspirations rest on an even larger and more powerful vehicle known as the Starship. Today it flew this next-gen spacecraft for the first time ever, albeit only for a fleeting moment as the company commences sub-orbital hopper tests.
More At: https://newatlas.com/spacex-starship-hopper-test-flight/60776/

Arthur

Honorary Master
Well, CRS-18 launched last night. Stage 1 landed successfully. So far all is good.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
Elon Musk Outlines the Next Few Weeks of Starship Tests

Despite a few setbacks in the past few months, 2019 is shaping up to be an exciting year for SpaceX. After a series of successful tethered hop tests, the ground crews at the company’s South Texas Launch Site in Boca Chica conducted the first free-flight test of the Starship Hopper late last month – which saw the test vehicle ascend to 20 meters (~65 feet), move laterally, and then land again.
More At: https://www.universetoday.com/143085/elon-musk-outlines-the-next-few-weeks-of-starship-tests/