The United States's relationship with China is deteriorating

system32

Expert Member
Houston Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey sent what may be the most problematic and potentially damaging tweet in corporate America this year.
Morey set off an international firestorm over the weekend when he tweeted support for pro-democracy protestors in Hong Kong.
"Fight for freedom, stand with Hong Kong," said the tweet
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/08/business/daryl-morey-tweet-nba-china/index.html

I wonder if this had anything to the Monday ban on cctv/ai equipment?

MEIOT

Expert Member
It's time the world realizes the US isn't the be-all and end-all when it comes to economic strength. Time for them to roll over and let the rest of the world take the lead I think. And despite what folks say about China, they're not worse than the US

system32

Expert Member
It's time the world realizes the US isn't the be-all and end-all when it comes to economic strength. Time for them to roll over and let the rest of the world take the lead I think. And despite what folks say about China, they're not worse than the US
In the short term it will impact USA and China as some of the components are USA made.
In the long term it will impact USA only as the equipment will be upgraded to use only Chinese components, just as Huawei has done:

Huawei producing US component-free 5G base stations

Scooby_Doo

Executive Member
Regardless of the West's faults, I would far rather have the West lead the world than China or Russia.

saturnz

Honorary Master
It's time the world realizes the US isn't the be-all and end-all when it comes to economic strength.
The world realised this a long time ago. It's the US government itself that is unwilling to let go as evidenced by the number of wars it's currently engaged in.

MEIOT

Expert Member
Regardless of the West's faults, I would far rather have the West lead the world than China or Russia.
Russia isn't even in the race :laugh:
China and India would serve the world better than the US.

I too wouldn't want to live in a Russian 'controlled' world.

Weasley

Expert Member

So you are happy on how SA is run. I would rather have the US and there freedoms than the stuff China gives us.

If the US is no longer in trade war with China. I would think India would end up with a trade war with China. and that war will be worse as they do not need each other and are competing for same market. And both governments wants to control everything no free market.

Alan

Honorary Master

How exactly do you envision a world lead by China being better than a world led by Russia? Is the Chinese regime more inclined to respect people's rights or what?

Urist

Expert Member
China has 1.3 billion people with access to Africa's resources and an avg. IQ of 105 , how long can any other country continue to compete?
Their global dominance is inevitable, especially with the decadence of the west.
Not that a country that lifts itself out of the 3rd world is a bad thing, but their government's disregard for individual freedom is worrying, especially their social credit system.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I do disagree there, the US is a democracy, China isnt,
big difference in approaches in how to become a superpower, China is almost on the same level as the Soviets in that regard.

Pegasus

Expert Member
China has 1.3 billion people with access to Africa's resources and an avg. IQ of 105 , how long can any other country continue to compete?
Their global dominance is inevitable, especially with the decadence of the west.
Not that a country that lifts itself out of the 3rd world is a bad thing, but their government's disregard for individual freedom is worrying, especially their social credit system.
Something like this.