the101 external antenna mod

Are you not able to simply take the sim card out and move it back to the outdoor cpe router?

No the new the101 routers are using eSIMs so you can't remove it.

I actually have the same issue, but I also have the standard 101 router, rather than the pro. But my solution is to put the router in a plastic container and mount the container on a pole, similar to "CPE" routers. Then I'll use a 12v POE injector to supply 12v to the router over Cat5. This way you don't open the router, it stays dry and you get much better signal.

A while back when 5G become the new solution, I noticed that Poynting was selling antennas that you can connect to CPE routers where the router is fitted inside their antenna enclosure. Because of how 5G work, I initially thought that was the only option to have a full 5G signal. The issue was that the longer your antenna cable is, the more signal loss you have, so by putting the router right up against the antenna, you have a very short antenna cable.

If you were active in the "WUG'ing" era, you would also recall that that is how the outdoor Wi-Fi antennas worked.
 
Anyone tried this mod on the smaller The101pro router? I went from old 5g outdoor router over to fibre... Had too much issues with fibre, now back with rain, but hell this "The101pro" router's signal is BAD! I realy need to sort it out, as Rain says they can't activate my old outdoor router anymore(yes I still have it), but this I don't get... Anyways, now Im stuck with signal issues...

Anyone that has a good solution for me, or that has done the mod on these modems, let me know please...
Hi
I do also need the antena “upgrade “
Dit you cam right with a mod yet
 
The mod works, unfortunately not the results I was hoping for though. To be fair, I'm in a pretty remote area and the external antenna did double my speed, but going from 10/1 to 20/2 and ping still garbage, is hardly a big win.

I found that only the primary 4G antenna on #8, #5 made a difference. The secondary on #4, #2 does nothing. I'm not sure if this is because the tower doesn't support 4x4, or it might need a stronger signal before kicking in.

If you're starting with a better baseline then it might work well for you, but for me... I'm just hanging on until I can get my hands on starlink.
Hi does the antenna mod work for the cell signal boost Or is it for the wi fi boost
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X