Thinking while moving

foozball3000

Executive Member
There are a lot of people who think clearest when they're moving. It turns out that I'm one of them. But how do you implement it in the office?

I was thinking of getting one of those spherical puzzles, and build that while I'm thinking...

Any other ideas/references?

Waaib

Executive Member
I had a colleague once who got rid of his desk and moved in an almost chest high cabinet. He then stood and worked. Said it helped him to think while he worked 'cos he was able to 'think better on his feet'. True story.

Keeper

Honorary Master
I think best when i'm lying down - can't sleep at night with all these thoughts!

blunomore

Honorary Master
Walk up and down your office with your hands together behind your back.

You'll look like Napoleon.

foozball3000

Executive Member
I had a colleague once who got rid of his desk and moved in an almost chest high cabinet. He then stood and worked. Said it helped him to think while he worked 'cos he was able to 'think better on his feet'. True story.
I can give that a shot... our boardroom tables are almost high enough.
Walk up and down your office with your hands together behind your back.

You'll look like Napoleon.
lol. Normally that will work, but seeing as I have a tendency to talk to myself...it might end up career limiting.

foozball3000

Executive Member
I think best when i'm lying down - can't sleep at night with all these thoughts!
I'm assuming you have a note pad next to your bed... I started doing that when I'd wake up in the middle of the night with a great idea ;)

I use racing games to calm my thoughts down when I can't sleep.

Jewelbox

Expert Member
I also do all my thinking lying in bed at night, and maybe that's the reason why I cannot sleep!

foozball3000

Executive Member
I did find this... which nails the topic. http://forum.objectivismonline.net/index.php?showtopic=13659

It seems that I'll have to teach myself to think about my work when I'm moving, and then remember what I thought of. (Tricky, but doable). I'll keep poking google for more stuff.

What's scary is that I only made this discovery today, 22 years into my life... This could have had a drastic effect on my high school days if the people who noticed this, told me how to use this thinking method, rather than suppress it.