Thought on putting pricing on a website or not?

Capdase

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
102
Reaction score
3
What are your thoughts on putting pricing on a website, for example a plumber, or electrician or is the "Quote me" option better?
 
As a consumer, gimme the price please.
 
Me personally I immediately close the website if there is no pricing
 
Pricing for sure. Quoting should only be used as a supplement for specific needs.
 
What are your thoughts on putting pricing on a website, for example a plumber, or electrician or is the "Quote me" option better?

The only thing you can put is an hourly wage, as theres no way someone can quote on a plumbing or electrical issue without investigating it first.
 
Failing to mention rates and prices immediately suggests dishonesty and an unwillingness to compete with similar companies that are transparent with their rates/pricing.
 
I'm generally for pricing on a site, but one thing it has against you is that you're immediately cutting off anyone who wasn't planning to spend as much as you've quoted without them even talking to you.
 
[XC] Oj101;14987864 said:
I'm generally for pricing on a site, but one thing it has against you is that you're immediately cutting off anyone who wasn't planning to spend as much as you've quoted without them even talking to you.

How is that a bad thing? Saves you time from dealing with the wrong type of client. In my eyes that's a good thing.
 
It's a bit different when it comes to services like plumbing but my general policy is I don't buy if there's no price. Having to ask for a quote is wasting both my and your time and delaying my decision making process, which when it comes to plumbing is probably urgent.
 
Plumbing etc is different but they still charge an hourly rate (excluding materials etc) that can be listed. In an emergency a 24/7 cell no would do though
 
I also have no time for websites that want me to make contact for pricing and/or availability.
 
I personally think a website should serve to give information and not just be an advert so pricing is good. A service like plumbing/electricity is a difficult one though. Perhaps put your callout/hourly rate and in bold just below mention that the rate excludes consumables and/or parts required.
 
Me personally I immediately close the website if there is no pricing

Hardly any service-based businesses offer website pricing.
It's always "contact me" or "quote me"
Plumbers, electricians, appliance repairmen, locksmiths etc
 
The only thing you can put is an hourly wage, as theres no way someone can quote on a plumbing or electrical issue without investigating it first.

Wana bet. I have done all plumbing and electrical work in the past. I know all materials used and used to know the pricing. I just don't have the time to do it anymore.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X