Three new iPads expected this year – Analyst

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
Yay, 3 new Ipads that most likely do exactly what the other ones did.

Why are people still buying this rubbish? Apple is supposed to be "the most innovative company in the world" yet they have come up with anything groundbreaking in ages and instead spend their time re-branding the same products into different shells.

Hush9300

Expert Member
Yay, 3 new Ipads that most likely do exactly what the other ones did.

Why are people still buying this rubbish? Apple is supposed to be "the most innovative company in the world" yet they have come up with anything groundbreaking in ages and instead spend their time re-branding the same products into different shells.
Show me one mobile computing company that has come up with anything groundbreaking in the last decade. The iPod, iPhone and iPad are about it. Apple did them all and everybody is still riding the coattails.

Everybody is probably waiting for the next big Apple thing so they can climb that coattail too.

P924

Expert Member
Show me one mobile computing company that has come up with anything groundbreaking in the last decade. The iPod, iPhone and iPad are about it. Apple did them all and everybody is still riding the coattails.

Everybody is probably waiting for the next big Apple thing so they can climb that coattail too.
Without Jobs, I doubt Apple will come up with something groundbreaking again.

konfab

Honorary Master
Show me one mobile computing company that has come up with anything groundbreaking in the last decade.
My 3310 from 2007 could break ground much better than any iPhone in 2017.

Hush9300

Expert Member
Without Jobs, I doubt Apple will come up with something groundbreaking again.
May very well be the case but it doesn't change the fact that nobody other than Apple has released a groundbreaking product in the last decade. Yet, Apple is the one getting stick from the general public.

New product categories and groundbreaking changes to existing devices don't just happen overnight.

Jase

Executive Member
In all honesty, it there really a need to upgrade a phone / tablet every one to two years?

Currently all I use is whatsapp, telegram, phone, mail, a bit of CoC, Youtube and a few work related apps. My ipad 3, while slower, does what I want it to do. The same goes for my phone.

Am I missing something besides the need to show off a new shiny gadget?