• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Tip for checking data balance without the Cell C app on wifi routers.

Pucky0u

I have the ZTE MF920v, The cell C shop in Hemingsways East London told me their is no way too check your data balance without downloading the Cell C app. After playing around I had to phone them back to teach them how to this morning, as every sales person will tell you the same thing. :crylaugh:

1. Log into router and enter password.
2. On the front page look to the bottom left, you will see 3 big circular icons.
3. Click the 3rd Icon called advanced settings.
4. A new page with a few tabs will come up, the one on the far right is one called "Other" click this.
5. A new page comes up look all the way at the bottom you will see a tab called "USSD" click this.
6. A new page comes up, right at the top you see a button called "Check balance" click this.
7. Know where you stand with your data so you don't have to moan at the GF for using all the data up and deny you
playing dota 2 for the rest of the month because she didn't know how to check the balance! :twisted:

I think this should work with most of the wifi routers as the interface is probably the same or similar.

Space

or just send USSD code *101# (prepaid) or *147 (contract) to receive the remaining balance;

or SMS bal or balance to 14302

Excellent advice thank you. All i needed to check my balance too

I have the ZTE MF920v, The cell C shop in Hemingsways East London told me their is no way too check your data balance without downloading the Cell C app. After playing around I had to phone them back to teach them how to this morning, as every sales person will tell you the same thing. :crylaugh:

1. Log into router and enter password.
2. On the front page look to the bottom left, you will see 3 big circular icons.
3. Click the 3rd Icon called advanced settings.
4. A new page with a few tabs will come up, the one on the far right is one called "Other" click this.
5. A new page comes up look all the way at the bottom you will see a tab called "USSD" click this.
6. A new page comes up, right at the top you see a button called "Check balance" click this.
7. Know where you stand with your data so you don't have to moan at the GF for using all the data up and deny you
playing dota 2 for the rest of the month because she didn't know how to check the balance! :twisted:

I think this should work with most of the wifi routers as the interface is probably the same or similar.
Excellent advice thank you. All i needed to check my balance too