Tips on getting max value for money on Prepaid

cavedog

Honorary Master
So I'm working on my Best prepaid deals part 2 and thought I might just post about getting max value on Cellc prepaid.

The best current prepaid deal is Ultra Bonus believe it or not. Cellc is also running a data promotion on the website and app with some decent data deals.

So to get the absolute maximum value for money you need to enable OOB blocking on the Voice and Data.

R199 is about the sweet spot giving you 240min anynet + 2GB anytime data + 2GB nite data. To get the max value you need to recharge R199 airtime which will give you Ultra bonus. With OOB blocking your recharged airtime will will not be used for data and gives you a chance to use the ultra bonus benefits. Ultra Bonus lasts for 24 hours but can be extended for another 24 hours by recharging with any amount.

Once you have finished your ultra bonus benefits you then buy the data with the airtime with the Cellc app as you can only use your card on the website but same deals on the app allows you to use airtime to buy them. The any net voice bundle is R99 for 240min.

The data and minutes are valid for 30 days but can be extended another 30 days by buying another bundle.

There is a few issues though which cellc is attending too. Ultra Bonus does not get consumed first while you have an active voice or data bundle and the voice is depleted at a per minute basis so make the calls count and make sure to use Ultra Bonus benefits FIRST before buying data and voice bundles.

This method actually is way cheaper than 66c plan.

cavedog

Honorary Master
too complicated for the masses
Maybe but offers exceptional value for money. Also the fact that bundles can be extended by just buying another bundles of any size or value is also pretty decent.

kabusi

So I'm working on my Best prepaid deals part 2 and thought I might just post about getting max value on Cellc prepaid.

The best current prepaid deal is Ultra Bonus believe it or not. Cellc is also running a data promotion on the website and app with some decent data deals.

So to get the absolute maximum value for money you need to enable OOB blocking on the Voice and Data.

R199 is about the sweet spot giving you 240min anynet + 2GB anytime data + 2GB nite data. To get the max value you need to recharge R199 airtime which will give you Ultra bonus. With OOB blocking your recharged airtime will will not be used for data and gives you a chance to use the ultra bonus benefits. Ultra Bonus lasts for 24 hours but can be extended for another 24 hours by recharging with any amount.

Once you have finished your ultra bonus benefits you then buy the data with the airtime with the Cellc app as you can only use your card on the website but same deals on the app allows you to use airtime to buy them. The any net voice bundle is R99 for 240min.

The data and minutes are valid for 30 days but can be extended another 30 days by buying another bundle.

There is a few issues though which cellc is attending too. Ultra Bonus does not get consumed first while you have an active voice or data bundle and the voice is depleted at a per minute basis so make the calls count and make sure to use Ultra Bonus benefits FIRST before buying data and voice bundles.

@cavedog WRT voice minutes and the extension, is it only for another 30 days or can you keep buying the smallest bundle before 30 days is up and keep extending the original bundle many months over?

cavedog

Honorary Master
@cavedog WRT voice minutes and the extension, is it only for another 30 days or can you keep buying the smallest bundle before 30 days is up and keep extending the original bundle many months over?
Keep buying to extend it.

kabusi

Keep buying to extend it.
So say you only use 100 all net minutes a month. Buying 900 minutes at R199 at the start of the month and then at each month end thereafter, just before the 30 days is up, top up the bundle with R30 for 45 minutes which is the smallest 30 day bundle. If it works to extend a bundle indefinitely if you top up in time then your origianl 900 minutes would last 9 months. This would cost you for almost a year about R529 (199+(30*11)) for 1395 ( 900+ (45*11)) all net minutes or an average of 38 cents per minute. If my assumptions and maths is correct, this is not a bad deal.

cavedog

Honorary Master
So say you only use 100 all net minutes a month. Buying 900 minutes at R199 at the start of the month and then at each month end thereafter, just before the 30 days is up, top up the bundle with R30 for 45 minutes which is the smallest 30 day bundle. If it works to extend a bundle indefinitely if you top up in time then your origianl 900 minutes would last 9 months. This would cost you for almost a year about R529 (199+(30*11)) for 1395 ( 900+ (45*11)) all net minutes or an average of 38 cents per minute. If my assumptions and maths is correct, this is not a bad deal.
Exactly. The value starts increasing if you decide to buy the 900min and then 240min for R99 monthly. You will basically never run out of minutes depending how much you call though. Issue is when you forget to buy again and it expires.

Thor

Honorary Master

I'm pretty sure I can give you 1 to 2% discount on that and any other bundle through https://simcloud.co.za (just PM me the number you registered with.)

This goes for everyone if you register there to buy airitme and data PM me your number and I'll give you a special mybroadband discount for life.

Last edited:

kabusi

Exactly. The value starts increasing if you decide to buy the 900min and then 240min for R99 monthly. You will basically never run out of minutes depending how much you call though. Issue is when you forget to buy again and it expires.
Just did the simplest calculation for illustration purposes but I suppose there is a sweet spot somewhere but would take a few permutations and combinations to get there. Too much for a Friday morning. :) Can minutes from this deal be transferred?

kabusi

I'm pretty sure I can give you 1 to 2% discount on that and any other bundle through simcloud.co.za (just PM me the number you registered with.)

This goes for everyone if you register there to buy airitme and data PM me your number and I'll give you a special mybroadband discount for life.
Thanks. Might decide to try it out.