Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls

MickeyD

RIP
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
139,095
Reaction score
432
Location
Nelson Mandela Bay
By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO

Toys R Us is pulling its collectible dolls based on the characters of AMC's hit series "Breaking Bad" after taking heat from a Florida mom who launched a petition campaign last week.

The dolls are based on the series about a high school chemistry teacher who turns into a crystal meth dealer.

Toys R Us told The Associated Press late Tuesday that the dolls are being removed on its website and shelves and are taking an "indefinite sabbatical." The retailer has maintained that the dolls are sold in limited quantities in the adult action figure area of its stores.

A Florida mom launched a petition on change.org last week, demanding that Toys R Us immediately stop selling the dolls. As of Tuesday, the petition had 8,000 signatures.

Source : Sapa-AP /gf
Date : 22 Oct 2014 01:48
 
And here's Bryan Cranston's response :D

'Florida mom petitions against Toys 'R Us over Breaking Bad action figures." I'm so mad, I'm burning my Florida Mom action figure in protest

— Bryan Cranston (@BryanCranston) October 20, 2014
 
Amazing what 8,000 fat americans with greasy McDonalds fingers glued to their tv-sets can accomplish.
 
Aaaaaaaand they've just created valuable collectors items.
 
Okay silly question, why would a show aimed at adults have action figures aimed at kids?
 
Okay silly question, why would a show aimed at adults have action figures aimed at kids?

She obviously thinks everything in a Toys R Us is aimed at kids.

40yearoldvirgin.jpg


:D
 
Okay silly question, why would a show aimed at adults have action figures aimed at kids?

It was in the adults section at Toys R Us ;) I didn't even know they had that.

The retailer had maintained that the figures were sold in limited quantities in the adult-action-figure area of its stores.
 
And do you believe that owning toy guns led to an increase in gun violence? :rolleyes:

I don't. Nor doll of drug dealers nor guns. But I do think that glamorising scumbag behaviour when people suffer from it is immoral and trivializes the issue for kids who grow up in comfortable houses and maybe think the whole thing is a joke. Not that I'd ban the things, but heck I may rally others to let the company know. No banning, please. No laws. But discussion about it, is not a bad thing and it may just put the issue of gangs and drugs in more limelight and do more about that in the long run. :)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X