Tshwane EMS to help in Philippines

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
107,616
Reaction score
10,261
Location
District 9
Tshwane emergency services will be part of a rescue team to help in the Philippines following a typhoon, spokesman Johan Pieterse said on Thursday.

"This team will fly out tomorrow [Friday] from Waterkloof Air Force Base," he said in a statement. The team would be led by Rescue SA.

Super Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines on Friday. At least 10,000 people have died and hundreds of thousands have been displaced.

A South African man, Johan Buxmann, who was reportedly living in the Philippines, was reunited with his wife, Manilyn, and two-year-old daughter Chantelle on Wednesday after he lost contact with them when the storm hit.

Buxmann's mother Marie told Independent Newspapers that she received a picture of her son and granddaughter on Thursday morning.

"He is now busy helping the [extended] family to restore houses," she was quoted as saying.

"Shame, he was in tears this morning. I told him I will deposit R5000 in his account to help them, and then he told me it will fix his wife's sister's roof and help with a new house for her brother."


Source : Sapa /gq/hdw/jk/th
Date : 14 Nov 2013 15:32
 
It's all good that they help out abroad, but they can barely keep up with local demand :/
 
It's all good that they help out abroad, but they can barely keep up with local demand :/

Local demand is not relevant to revolutionary advancement.
In fact, local demand is colonialist and may just be racist.

But seriously, if this is the decision of those individual members then I applaud them.
But if this is being pushed from higher up for political reasons, they I pooh pooh them.
 
But seriously, if this is the decision of those individual members then I applaud them.
But if this is being pushed from higher up for political reasons, they I pooh pooh them.

Most definitely. On both counts.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X