Tshwane Municipal Accounts

tcofran

Expert Member
So has anyone here received accounts that differ a lot from month to month ???

Two months ago (and before that) my total account would roughly be R 3200
Month after that = R 4 800
Last month R 3 800

It seems that the problem, according to this link is this:

"Chairperson of the metro finance oversight committee Peter Sutton said most residents experienced problems such as over-estimations and retrospective corrections “resulting in excessive amounts payable”.

The link suggests the following:

“Investigations are underway to explore new technology which will allow for a much more secure system when it comes to submitting customer meter readings.”

In the interim, he encouraged customers to take the readings and submit them to the metro themselves:

1. Email the photos of the water and electricity meters with the latest copy of your municipal account to customercare@tshwane.gov.za

2. In the body of the email, request:

· A correction of the account as per the attached photos and a new statement.

· That a “hold” be placed on the account until the correction is made.

· That a reference number for the matter be issued and emailed to you.

Just thought I'd post this here if anyone in Tshwane experienced the same problems

creeper

Expert Member
R2100 —> R3500 —> R4800

Verified with others as well. Some people got a big bill in July, and they didn’t have power for 10 days.

Edit: Planning to go prepaid because of this.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Not Pretoria but Kempton Park(ekoekheleni)

R3200>>R3800>>R4500>>R6500>>R6200>>R5100

Just got a meter installed today, hoping for the best

ebendl

Expert Member
Sorry to resurrect this but is it just me or are the Tswhane statements late this month?

Oh and yes, my statements fluctuate similarly every month. Part of the problem is that they differ between readings: one month it is 18 days the other 34.

unobeat

Account statement for this month have been uploaded here: https://www.e-tshwane.co.za

Agree with the above about the bills no be consistent.
My aunt bill for december 2018 was R29 and this month is R2193, i don't understand.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Always access mine online settled 2 weeks ago... Last 8 months all similar differ based on water use. Remember fluctuations also happen when the home is revalued. Our first jump happened like that

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
Tshwane did a SAP upgrade over December. So all readings will be estimates for the past two months, they said. Expect a messed up bill until next month.

EDIT: Do yourself a favour and register on e-Tshwane. Then submit your own water meter readings each month and avoid estimates. The Meter reading schedule is also there, look for your portion number (e.g. P20) on your statement near the top to see when your meter readings are open to submit.

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
Tshwane did a SAP upgrade over December. So all readings will be estimates for the past two months, they said. Expect a messed up bill until next month.

EDIT: Do yourself a favour and register on e-Tshwane. Then submit your own water meter readings each month and avoid estimates. The Meter reading schedule is also there, look for your portion number (e.g. P20) on your statement near the top to see when your meter readings are open to submit.
100% this. I have been doing this for the last 2 years and this month will be the first month where it will be estimated; only because they are upgrading SAP.

Snyper564

Expert Member

didn't know I can give water readings will look into this! Thanks