TT Connect max 100 / 100 line speed

icecoder

Does anyone know why there is this limitation from TT connect's side ? the isps could supply it but the fibre provider (TT) cant.

I would like to get a faster line if it was possible ?

flamevector

Just out of a matter of interest while off topic but on topic. why go faster?
reasson i ask is i also have a 100/100 line and while i also contemplate getting a 200/200 i pull my self back and wonder. do i actually need or want one. content comes down fast enough on the line but maybe that is just me being content with what i have.

icecoder

Its a very valid point. I think the way we use our internet is directly related to the line speed so with faster speed our usage patterns change too and become more in line with the rest of the world.

KillerX

Expert Member
Does anyone know why there is this limitation from TT connect's side ? the isps could supply it but the fibre provider (TT) cant.

I would like to get a faster line if it was possible ?

Its not a limitation on the fiber itself, but on the networking equipment. 100Mbit routers and CPE devices are commonly available and reasonably cheap. In order to use 200Mb, you would need to be running gigabit networking (which is quite a bit more expensive).

So the fiber providers would also need to upgrade their infrastructure at their POPS to handle the larger pipes and this will cost the company substantially more money to roll this out. This, added to the fact that the average home user will never fully utilize and notice a difference between 100 and 200 mb its not really economically smart.

The strategy will be to roll out fiber and cover as many houses as you can. Once that saturates, and you aren't expanding as rapidly anymore, start offering additional products like faster lines, or bolt on products like streaming services, VOIP, cloud storage etc.

DWJ

I have a 100/100 line with TT Connect with gigabit equipment... How's this for an upload speed lol
d3a685c8265a7ef5e28f11e00731ba2d.jpg

Last edited: