Turbo engines are taking over

The turbo concept is quite extraordinary. Some vehicles employ up to 4 of these machines.

I wonder if a turbo can be applied to a rotary engine?
 
The turbo concept is quite extraordinary. Some vehicles employ up to 4 of these machines.

I wonder if a turbo can be applied to a rotary engine?

Of course, and it has been.
 
The turbo concept is quite extraordinary. Some vehicles employ up to 4 of these machines.

I wonder if a turbo can be applied to a rotary engine?

its actually quite an old technology, as old as engines themselves
 
Emissions regulations will mean no more rotaries in a production vehicle again.

Tell that to Mazda who applied for a patent as recently as April this year: http://blog.caranddriver.com/new-spin-mazda-files-patent-for-new-gen-rotary-engine-heres-what-it-tells-us/

Emissions just make it more challenging to build a compliant rotary engine, and it doesn't help that only one company is investing in any R&D on that front. If it enjoyed as much investment as 4-stroke engines, fuel efficiency / emissions might have been a long forgotten challenge by now.
 
Tell that to Mazda who applied for a patent as recently as April this year: http://blog.caranddriver.com/new-spin-mazda-files-patent-for-new-gen-rotary-engine-heres-what-it-tells-us/

Emissions just make it more challenging to build a compliant rotary engine, and it doesn't help that only one company is investing in any R&D on that front. If it enjoyed as much investment as 4-stroke engines, fuel efficiency / emissions might have been a long forgotten challenge by now.
Ok.

@mazda, I think there are some ex-VW engineers that can help you make a rotary engine that will beat emmisions testing.


Without some VW trickery, I doubt they will pass ever tightening emmisions regulations.
 
Ok.

@mazda, I think there are some ex-VW engineers that can help you make a rotary engine that will beat emmisions testing.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X