• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

UberEATS so slow

centurionguy

Ordered from a local restaurant (±2 km) on Saturday evening at around 17:10. ETA 17:37.
At 18:22 the ETA is now 18:30.
I know the restaurant well and I know that it won't take them this long to prepare the order. So UberEATS must be at fault.
Order arrived 18:35.
I usually use Mr D and it usually takes 20-30 minutes.
I thought I would give UberEATS a try. Bad move.

Big thumbs down from me to UberEATS.

mmmig

Honorary Master
Ordered from a local restaurant (±2 km) on Saturday evening at around 17:10. ETA 17:37.
I know the restaurant well and I know that it won't take them this long to prepare the order. So UberEATS must be at fault.

Taking a walk would actually be faster.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Yeah I'd always just used UberEats cos, well, Uber I guess.
Tried out Mr D and was pretty impressed. Just need to figure out how to stop the app sending me every special under the sun now but I like them.

Koosie

I have been to a few places now and see that the Uber Eats guys get ignored 80% of the time.

calypso

Expert Member
I used to use them but since they switched to consolidated delivery runs its always ka slow and you get cold food. In alot of cases they also inflate the prices a great deal. Now I just use the shops own delivery service or collect myself.

kagishokgaile

They gave me a R20 discount for my next order when my food took long to arrive. Only ever happened once though, the other times it has been on time. Zero issues.