Unable to access Steam.

Barrymore

I log in with my user name and password as I do most days but now it requires an access code that is being sent to my e-mail address. When the mail eventually arrived I copied the code and pasted it where required, only to be told
it was not quite right. I then tried to send a message to Steam but again it required that code and again said it was not correct. My query to Steam was that the reason stated for requiring an access code was because" I am using another browser or another computer or its been a while" Rubbish on all three counts.

Barrymore

Without being able to contact Steam I was surprised to find five e-mails from them, each with a different access code.
The first four did not work. Finally the final code worked. Most confusing.

Another day and I have now received 12 e-mails from Steam Support all with access codes even though
mail no.5 code worked.

Last edited:

ODTech

Woah hold on. What happens if my phone gets stolen.

What happens?
Obviously you have to put a password on your phone but assuming you didn't and your steam associated email is set up on the phone and the thief has half a brain he could easily access your steam account by resetting the password.

You can however create a set of backup codes that you can use to log into steam and remove the authenticator. Afterwards just change your passwords.

There are apps that can initiate a factory reset remotely as long as the phone is connected to the mobile network or wifi.

ODTech

Oh and always make sure you have the phones IMEA code. You can request your mobile network to blacklist by the IMEA code which turns the phone into a smart brick.