Uncapped VSAT launched by MWEB Business

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Please show me a VSAT service that is download only.
It is more an elaboration on "continuous return" links by the carrier, which is then again categorised in service types. I have said nothing about download only.

Shard

Please show me a VSAT service that is download only.
Its how they used to be, but I'm guessing they've been phased out and the "remote loaction" selling point indicates this is probably up and down.

But, yeah, also wondering if its symmetrical.

Quantum Theory

Executive Member
It is more an elaboration on "continuous return" links by the carrier, which is then again categorised in service types. I have said nothing about download only.
Well, I said it's up and down and you said it depends on the service. Sounds like you were saying it is not always up and down.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Its how they used to be, but I'm guessing they've been phased out and the "remote loaction" selling point indicates this is probably up and down.

But, yeah, also wondering if its symmetrical.
These services still needs to make a request, hence the carries will implement and continues upload bit rate pending on several variations and technologies. This really depends on the required solutions.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
It is sorry that we don't have low-latency satellites in orbit. O3b is doing very well in this regard, with round-trip latency less than 150ms, however they put attention towards telephony services. My brother’s ISP in Canada also provides low-latency services, targeting internet connectivity and television streaming.

In SA they are pushing 16 Mbps max (in relation with commercially available, you can request experimental services), ~30 (+/-) Mbps services are being trialled locally.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
It is sorry that we don't have low-latency satellites in orbit. O3b is doing very well in this regard, with round-trip latency less than 150ms, however they put attention towards telephony services. My brother’s ISP in Canada also provides low-latency services, targeting internet connectivity and television streaming.

In SA they are pushing 16 Mbps max (in relation with commercially available, you can request experimental services), ~30 (+/-) Mbps services are being trialled locally.
Speed increase also increases to massive costs whereby it simply isn't feasible for regular but becomes extremely remote business case use only.

Unfortunately you can't really have geosynchronous satellites and super stable links and on the flip side you can't have geostationary and low latency because of the distances involved.

It remains a last resort technology.

Last edited: