Unlock a Modem from MTN

CinnamonS

Hello , all

Looking for assistance, I purchased a modem from MTN during lock down out of necessity, however it will not allow me to use my Telkom sim. Can the modem be unlocked to use any sim. Grateful to anyone who can offer help with unlocking it.

Not tech savvy so the Net searches are not much help to me, have tried a few suggestions but not getting any success.

Make: ZTE
Model: MF927U

Thanks in advance!

STORMERSFAN

Hello , all

Looking for assistance, I purchased a modem from MTN during lock down out of necessity, however it will not allow me to use my Telkom sim. Can the modem be unlocked to use any sim. Grateful to anyone who can offer help with unlocking it.

Not tech savvy so the Net searches are not much help to me, have tried a few suggestions but not getting any success.

Make: ZTE
Model: MF927U

Thanks in advance!
@cavedog

WAslayer

Expert Member
Chances are it's not locked at all but, only needs to have APN settings updated to reflect Telkoms to allow it to connect..

Here is the APN settings and how to configure various devices: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAMegQIAxAI&usg=AOvVaw3k6QyG1Rs9Upa4NTbWhCHt

This guide should tell you how to configure the modem(ignoring the afrihost specific stuff and replacing with Telkom details above):

CinnamonS

Thank you, WAslayer, followed the link and steps. It worked perfectly, easy fix.

Very Much appreciated !

TJAY348

I am having a similar issue. Purchased the ZTE MF927U on MTN and now when inserting a RAIN sim card I get a message that the device is network locked (Screenshot attached).Network lock.PNG

The Steps mentioned above does not work - Please Help!!!