Update "optimize your signal" address

cavedog

Honorary Master
Is there a way to update this address?

I have recently moved and it keeps on auto filling my old address in this field so I need to manually enter my new address to get the updated towers around me.

I tried checking in my profile but don't see any options. :unsure:

What am I missing?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Is there a way to update this address?

I have recently moved and it keeps on auto filling my old address in this field so I need to manually enter my new address to get the updated towers around me.

I tried checking in my profile but don't see any options. :unsure:

What am I missing?
Hi @cavedog

Please PM me your new address and ill check if i cant change it from my side.

Kaysway

Eish rain, you love doing things privately. I also have the same issue, it was never a problem before until recently, and I’d also love to know how to fix it.

scienide

Expert Member
Eish rain, you love doing things privately. I also have the same issue, it was never a problem before until recently, and I’d also love to know how to fix it.
i was on holiday and took it with me to CPT. Would of loved it too. Lucky i had loads of Vodascum data

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Updated towers. What is that? I haven't had a new tower in my area for over a year with RAIN's ever "EXPANDING" oversaturated network.

HerZeLeiD

View attachment 1057591

Surely can't be a good sign for a fairly new player.

It's because no other LTE provider to date has had the balls to try and compete with Rain's R250 deal. Everyone else offer these tiny caps + "night data" which frankly will be all used up in a single day should I choose to install one or two new games from my library. Anything close to a reasonable cap for anyone who don't just browse and stream 720p content will be R999.

cavedog

Honorary Master
It's because no other LTE provider to date has had the balls to try and compete with Rain's R250 deal. Everyone else offer these tiny caps + "night data" which frankly will be all used up in a single day should I choose to install one or two new games from my library. Anything close to a reasonable cap for anyone who don't just browse and stream 720p content will be R999.

So true. This deal although throttled during the day ect opens up at midnight to 6am allowing people to download. For R250 it's the only deal that allows you to do that unless you go capped and spend more than R250.

By the looks of iknowwhatyoudownload.com on the Rain IP ranges people are downloading and a lot!

cavedog

Honorary Master
Updated towers. What is that? I haven't had a new tower in my area for over a year with RAIN's ever "EXPANDING" oversaturated network.

They are definitely expanding but I guess they are targeting areas that aren't covered yet and not densifying.

These 2 are relatively new. The one on the right is like a mini tower with only Rain on it.

20210414_113733.jpg 20210414_115149.jpg