Upgrades via store or call centre

Musiclover08

Hi. So I have some contracts due for an upgrade and I usually do them via a store. Call centre says they are able to give me a better monthly rate and I was wondering anyone has has gone this route?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I doubt they can give you a better monthly rate. They get paid commission, they're just trying to get you to buy through them.

Ivanr

Expert Member
Hi. So I have some contracts due for an upgrade and I usually do them via a store. Call centre says they are able to give me a better monthly rate and I was wondering anyone has has gone this route?
@Musiclover08 Stay far,far,far away from the Telephone Upgrade system, they are often NOT Vodacom people but companies authorized to resale the products. Lastly - Caviat Emptor = Let the buyer beware.

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
@Musiclover08 Ask them to email you a few different quotations and T&C's. You want to read the fine print carefully. Also, on the phone, they will try rattle stuff off as quickly as possible, or try to confuse you. They may also tell you that certain devices and packages are not compatible.

Then go to a network store (not an agent) and ask them for a quotation. If it is the same or more than the telephonic one, ask them to sharpen their pencil.

ShaunyCT

Call centre is better. You don't pay for upgrade and I think you don't pay for CLI. Only snag is you wait for delivery.

ShaunyCT

And sometimes if you tell them you giving notice to cancel, they offer you better deals than what is available on their brochure.

Wernerjvv

Call Vodacom retension department, they'll add data to your contract.

Musiclover08

@Musiclover08 Ask them to email you a few different quotations and T&C's. You want to read the fine print carefully. Also, on the phone, they will try rattle stuff off as quickly as possible, or try to confuse you. They may also tell you that certain devices and packages are not compatible.

Then go to a network store (not an agent) and ask them for a quotation. If it is the same or more than the telephonic one, ask them to sharpen their pencil.
This is a great idea!