US warns against using Chinese 5G technology

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist

U.S. Secretary of Defense Mark Esper warned that NATO allies utilizing 5G telecommunications networks developed by China could put military and intelligence relationships at risk and were essentially giving Beijing some control over their own communications systems.

“Every Chinese company has the potential to be an accomplice in Beijing’s state-sponsored campaign to steal technology,” Esper said in a speech Thursday in Maryland.

[Bloomberg]

Yskasmetnstoof

U.S. Secretary of Defense Mark Esper warned that NATO allies utilizing 5G telecommunications networks developed by China could put military and intelligence relationships at risk and were essentially giving Beijing some control over their own communications systems.

“Every Chinese company has the potential to be an accomplice in Beijing’s state-sponsored campaign to steal technology,” Esper said in a speech Thursday in Maryland.

[Bloomberg]
Does the wigged mango perhaps have friends who play the short game attuned to his decisions and tweets?

Realmrbean

“Every U. S company has the potential to be an accomplice in WASHINGTON state-sponsored campaign to SPY on everyone ,”

eg2505

Honorary Master
so swap Chinese made 5G equipment for ours.
so instead of the Chinese reading your mails,
the NSA can read it.

actually, for the super paranoid around us,

if somebody made a Open source secure version of 5g router equipment,
might just help the super paranoid.

s0lar

Expert Member
To be honest I have not seen any aggression from China. Only USA, If I had to choose I prefer USA not to be the ones reading our email.