Users report problems with Discovery Vitality rewards

Bezcorne

Its not only Vitality, with the cash back fuel rewards as well. I have to keep my slips to provide it as evidence because for some reason the system doesn't register when I swipe my card...

Tman*

Expert Member
Yea, not even their super computers can figure out how to apply the complicated integrators and rewards

flbjhb

Discovery lies with this statement “A minority of cashback payments were delayed during a system crossover, which began earlier this year, but these have been resolved,” he said.”
I havent been paid a cent since July for reaching my active rewards goals (3 month gym membership has to be paid back) and haven’t received PNP or Woolies cashback since July. Looks like nothing in Vitality works or perhaps the money has all gone to fund DiscoveryBank’s launch ?

Thor

Honorary Master
Their entire vitality system was offline (I have this on very good authority) so they are outright lying.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
You can fool some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time but not all the people all the time!!

Aharon

Executive Member
I haven't received device booster frr two months now - been told two stories:
1. Date was payment was erroneously inserted as 7/7/7777 but it's been fixed and ;
2. We told you there are delays and they being sorted out

I have missed HealthyFood cashback in the order of 1200 - 2000 Rand for March to June 2019. They claim I shopped to the value of R150 approx and they couldn't pay my R34 because it falls below the threshold for payment.

I now ask for monthly statements of cashback to check if:

A. The march to June has been resolved as they keep promising - I've been waiting over a month for the August statement - my emails are just ignored. September I called for and its been almost a week so far.
B. To tick back to my receipts.

It's a timely job to try and get your cashback promised

extrusion

They owe me about 5 months of
Gymbooster
Shoebooster
Healthyfood
Team Vitality events
Healthygear

A few grand. Phone calls / emails every week, nothing being resolved. They are truly pathetic.

Aharon

Executive Member
Any suggestions on actions that can be taken?

It's really too time consuming

maumau

Honorary Master
Did you guys with Discovery Cards hear they want to migrate you from FNB to Discovery Bank?

I phoned and had it confirmed telephonically. They lady said they'd phone beforehand but .....

Antnick

Good day,

It appears that Discovery are not being up front about this. We left Discovery Vitality as, to belong to the scheme was costing more than the cash back rewards. Prior rebates from PnP spending did see some results but Discovery canned this except for a few cents in a couple of thousand Rand.

Moooooshine

I’m reading the above article and comments and I am also experiencing anomalies with my vitality and I can’t help but ask if it’s related to the mentioned “migration”. I have since the beginning of the year complained to Discovery that my goal for active rewards has not dropped from 900 the entire year. Previously if you didn’t meet your goal over a 3 or 4 week period it would drop by 50 points every week until you met the goal again. Mine hasn’t changed despite not reaching it and when I asked for feedback was told I have a healthy risk bucket whatever that means as they couldn’t explain it either. Another thing is that the web and app displays two different goals amounts. Feedback on that is the app is correct not the website as they admit there is an issue there. Think they have some serious flaws and I’m feeling like a drop in the ocean when I report issues. Wondering if this rewards program is still worthwhile if they make the goals unattainable and we never get any value out?