Valve Index

Qrox

Expert Member
Hi Guys.

Has anyone gotten a hold of a Valve Index yet?
If so, how are you finding it?

I was originally planning on getting the Vive Cosmos, but after seeing the reviews, I was less than impressed at the controller tracking and the fact that they use normal replaceable batteries in the controllers instead off recharging them with a cable.
At the moment I have my eyes on the Valve Index, but I'd like to know how someone else is finding it, and through what channels people are going to get a hold of them.

Magnarmalok

Expert Member
The only thing relating towards Index that I know of is the following LTT video:

He compares it to the vive pro therein if I'm remembering correctly.

As for how to get your hands on them in SA - I'm unsure on that :( Amazon would probably be the best bet to get it in.

Qrox

Expert Member
The only thing relating towards Index that I know of is the following LTT video:

He compares it to the vive pro therein if I'm remembering correctly.

As for how to get your hands on them in SA - I'm unsure on that :( Amazon would probably be the best bet to get it in.
I saw it on Amazon, but I'm not willing to pay $300 - $500 more through that seller.
Its already a $1000 VR Headset, so paying a third party that much extra before I even add delivery makes no sense to me.

I saw that video as well. Its one of the main reasons why I'm considering getting the Index.

Qrox

Expert Member
Well, I have a friend that recently moved over to UK. At the moment I'm considering that he buy the Valve Index headset and then ship it over to me. Anyone have any advice about shipping something like this over from there, in terms of shipping company to use, hidden costs, tips, etc?