Various international sites not working through iBurst

marlboro

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
376
Reaction score
0
What is going on with the iBurst network? Various international sites are not working at the moment through iBurst! I can open all of them OK with another connection but not through iBurst. DNS resolves OK for those sites but they time out in the browser. Called the "great" iBurst support and the guy there didn't have a clue about such issue currently, despite being reported by several users couple of days ago here to Ronald! Ronald, did you ever tell anyone to sort out this problem???
 
When I phoned I was promissed by the support guy Lungi that he'll get back to me on the issue with 1/2 hour. Now 1 hour later haven't heard from anyone. Phoned iBurst support again - the phone is just ringing forever without anyone bothering to pick up anymore. So much about the "any time 24/7/365" support as well!
 
I really hope they switch to a decent upstream provider in Jan 2011...
 
Upstream filters.

Hmmm, very convinient excuse. And no other ISP in SA is using the same upstream providers as iBurst? Why no other ISP had issues connecting to any international sites at the same time? Who's filters were those - MTN Business?
 
Hmmm, very convinient excuse. And no other ISP in SA is using the same upstream providers as iBurst? Why no other ISP had issues connecting to any international sites at the same time? Who's filters were those - MTN Business?

Sorry, to disclose any upstream information I would require their consent and no it also means not even mentioning who they are.
 
What is happening now? I'm getting "DNS Error Temporary network problem, please retry later The requested URL could not be retrieved" from the iBurst proxy for various sites at the moment.
 
Same problem. Numerous international websites. Some don't display, others display incorrectly. Seems to be an iBurst-only problem.

Just received DNS Error message when trying to post this reply.
 
Yes I have to correct my previous post by saying it is various sites, south african and international, and it is intermittent.... sometimes I get the error and sometimes the page loads ok.
 
What is happening now? I'm getting "DNS Error Temporary network problem, please retry later The requested URL could not be retrieved" from the iBurst proxy for various sites at the moment.

Also getting this on an iBurst business account - also to numerous local websites including mybb! Tried several different dns servers as well, so not actually a dns problem??
 
aargh... please fix this iBurst!!! Highly irritating that's there's an issue with your network almost every other day...
 
Right. I type my reply, and click post and get the same "DNS Eror Temporary network problem". Now I have to retype!

The source of the error says: "<!--Generated Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:26:46 GMT by neocache-fe01.iburst.co.za (squid/2.7.STABLE6)-->"

So, not only is the time off by a few minutes, the proxy server is the problem. Either that, or they really need some salmon to teach their upstream providers a thing or two.

Let me copy this message before hitting post again...

Good thing I did, got the error again... and again... and again... and again... and again... and again...
 
Same here....something is definitely wrong.
 
Managed to sort out my DNS errors this morning by restarting my router. No problem since then.
 
1. The fact I can even SEE this thread is because I came in on m CelC stick (which is having its *own* issues, ARGH!) because not no way, not NO how will my iBurst connection on my router allow me to get here - or anywhere else.
2. I've bounced my router several times now, with DNS IPs all zeroed out (so auto, itBust-approved DNS), with Google DNS *AND* OpenDNS servers; in all cases it just fails - utterly.
 
You know Iburst some of us actually got to work during the day off your service. DNS THIS... DNS THAT for God sake I cant even send a freaking Email and they NEED IT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 years ago we never had this problem. If you cant fix it bubba ill find a ISP who would be more then happy to take my money knowing their giving em the service im paying for!
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X