Vodacom adding additional fees to contract

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I need some advise with an issue regarding a new cellphone contract.

I applied online for a contract on a specific deal. There was a good deal listed under "Online Exlcusive deals" on Smart plan with a 24 month contract. There was a similar offer available on the website but for 36 month contract. After applying online I received an email confirming the deal and the amount due per month was confirmed. On the same date I received an sms confirming that it has been approved.

A few days later I received a sms advising that the order has been processed and handed over to the courier. On 17/12/2020 the couriers delivered the handset. Yesterday afternoon I logged into MyVodacom and with a great shock I saw that VC is now charging me an extra monthly fee for the handset which was never mentioned in the original deal on the website . (The deal wasn't available anymore a few days after I applied)

The additional fee was NOT part of the deal offered and if it was I would have never applied for the deal. I have contacted VC on Facebook messenger and tried to resolve this problem with no luck. All they say is that they will send me a new quote for the higher amount that will be applicable. It seems like they don't care about the original deal that was available on the website and the quote that was send to me and approved. Delivery has been made. I was never informed by VC about this extra fee that they are now adding to the contract either by email, sms or call. I only became aware of this after logging into MyVodacom.

How can VC just change deals when it suits them after delivery was made? I have already started using the device and accessories that came with the deal.

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Huh, did they not state the price on the documents they sent to you?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Huh, did they not state the price on the documents they sent to you?

Yes they stated the price/monthly fees for the deal in the documents they send me. A day after delivery I logged into my account on the website to discover that they have now added additional fees that was never mentioned in the deal on their website or in any of the documents they send me. Now after complaining they emailed me a new quote/ document that includes the additional fees. The new quote/document is back dated to match the date of the original quote document I received. In my opinion it is highly unethical to send a new quote that is back dated to reflect the additional fees that they are charging now.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Small claims court?

Sent the old quote back to them and say that is what you accepted, you do not accept the new quote.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Problem was eventually resolved. They made an error with their online ad and advertised the deal at the incorrect price. They referred me to their T&C's that states they they are entitled to correct the error by notifying the client. I wasn't going to budge and I referred them to some points in their T&C's that they didn't comply with. While waiting for their response I also reported the matter to the NCC. I was contacted by Vodacom and the matter was resolved.