Vodacom app (ios) down

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
So, 1st of the month, monthly ritual, log in to app to convert Airtime to data.......

Yep, monthly ritual intact

It's almost as if having everyone's data expire at the same time leads to vodacom recharge infrastructure not coping when everyone tries to reload AT THE SAME TIME!

Imagine if reloads were staggered over the month as people's data expired at different times of the month....

How a 1st Tier telecoms company can operate at such an amateurish level boggles my mind.

Last edited:

LOTR

I share your comments
I tried this morning, managed to eventually access, tried the transfer and it failed. Tried again and requested transfer, and it failed again.
Gave up - will try later!
Next thing - SMS's come in. Bloody transfers went through - TWICE. Now I have excess data and reduced airtime.
Not a happy camper.

Ivanr

Expert Member
So, 1st of the month, monthly ritual, log in to app to convert Airtime to data.......

Yep, monthly ritual intact

It's almost as if having everyone's data expire at the same time leads to vodacom recharge infrastructure not coping when everyone tries to reload AT THE SAME TIME!

Imagine if reloads were staggered over the month as people's data expired at different times of the month....

How a 1st Tier telecoms company can operate at such an amateurish level boggles my mind.
@AfricanTech - We suspect that main portal vvww.vodacom.co.za has some issues today, your Vodacom App piggybacks on their main portal anyway.
Probably all up and running tomorrow :giggle:

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
@AfricanTech - We suspect that main portal vvww.vodacom.co.za has some issues today, your Vodacom App piggybacks on their main portal anyway.
Probably all up and running tomorrow :giggle:
:lmao:

I'll just do without data for today then.

Roll on April 2019 when I can vote with my wallet and exit.

CT_Biker

Expert Member
My monthly routine on the 1st is receiving an SMS from FNB to say that my auto-purchase of Data and Airtime has been loaded to my phone number.

Couldn't be happier.
I should really use this a bit more often.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Hey ho! Another new month, another day of Vodacom systems not coping.

Recharge small SMS bundle via the app, fails (3 times) - 2 minutes later

IMG_1835.jpg

Sigh.....