Vodacom CEO takes big pay cut

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Vodacom CEO takes big pay cut

Vodacom CEO Shameel Joosub has taken a significant pay cut, according to the company’s remuneration report for the financial year ended 31 March 2019.

Joosub received 23.9% less in the 2019 financial year than he received in 2018, earning significantly less from short-term and long-term incentives.

winecpt83

And we the public is supposed to feel what exactly? Vodacom has been milking South Africans for years. Unfortunately in my humble view has created a negative perception around the brand and a pay-cut isn't going to fix that.

Daruk

Honorary Master
And we the public is supposed to feel what exactly? Vodacom has been milking South Africans for years. Unfortunately in my humble view has created a negative perception around the brand and a pay-cut isn't going to fix that.
I'm sure the pay cut is not related to public opinion or whatever, it's a private company, not government lol. Nobody in SA are obligated to hand anything over to Vodacom, everyone does it willingly. If that's not the case, please let us know, I'd be interested to hear more.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
"Hello Scuderia SA? This is Shameel. Please cancel that fourth SF90 I ordered in pink for my niece's aupair."

Bad1

Now everyone understands why We pay R149 a gig of data, cancel vodacom move to telkom, affordable data

bratwurst

Expert Member
Why the hate? Don't people understand that most that run or own businesses are in for the profit?

If you don't like vodacoms pricing or their business ethics, don't use them. No one forces you to. Vote with your wallet.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Why the hate? Don't people understand that most that run or own businesses are in for the profit?

If you don't like vodacoms pricing or their business ethics, don't use them. No one forces you to. Vote with your wallet.
Because people like the sound of their own voice :)

Bad1

Why the hate, i work with people in rural areas that don't have that R149 to buy 1 gig, living of R2000 a month and that is more than 70% of South African population, vodacom has refused to bring down price of data and we all know 1 gig of data is 15mins on YouTube nowdays,people in South Africa amaze me complaining about corruption and crying out to Australia for citizenship but they don't realise the country is crumbling because of the ridiculous wage gap. If you earn enough to pay a bond, medical, food and eduction then you have no problem opening your wallet to vodacom however remember South Africas economy is fragile and maybe in 10years your assets maybe worthless!

winecpt83

I'm sure the pay cut is not related to public opinion or whatever, it's a private company, not government lol. Nobody in SA are obligated to hand anything over to Vodacom, everyone does it willingly. If that's not the case, please let us know, I'd be interested to hear more.
Totally agree with you on that, nobody is forced, but when your business is tied to your number which is tied into Vodacom with a contract it does make switching tedious. Also just to add that Vodacom knows they have the most extensive infrastructure, although it's business in making the most profit possible and charging adequately for use of said infrastructure, one must also bare in mind the current political climate around data ect.

Daruk

Honorary Master
Totally agree with you on that, nobody is forced, but when your business is tied to your number which is tied into Vodacom with a contract it does make switching tedious. Also just to add that Vodacom knows they have the most extensive infrastructure, although it's business in making the most profit possible and charging adequately for use of said infrastructure, one must also bare in mind the current political climate around data ect.
Then don't get tied into a contract :) Telkom month to month with roaming on Vodacom FTW.