Vodacom Coverage during Covid-19

walbrown

Vodacom, or any Vodacom customer, please advise me how to convert DATA to AIRTIME - all I can find is the reverse.

I want to recover money I spent on Vodacom data before the Covid-19 virus rendered it useless.

Problem is - I bought lots of airtime to access Vodacom Mobile from home during lock-down, for backup for my fixed broadband, used for Zoom etc., all in the North Riding area. Check - my 4G service runs at very slow 3G speeds. I have a Yagi - which normally helps if no Corona. I measured between 1.5 and 4Mbps download speeds throughout the day, where during the non-Corona distant past, I measured 12-15 Mbps down and 23Mbps UP, using MTN 4G in same area, same setup. Sadly, MTN also seems to have been infected - our mobile operators don't wear PPE.

Anyone willing to help me recover my Vodacom data, and if impossible, who can tell me how to transfer it to them for their own use? Rather give it away.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Cannot convert data to airtime. Can only buy data bundle with airtime. You cant transfer a existing data bundle to another Vodacom customer. You can transfer a data bundle to someone, but you will be charged for that data bundle.

elriconess

Cannot convert data to airtime. Can only buy data bundle with airtime. You cant transfer a existing data bundle to another Vodacom customer. You can transfer a data bundle to someone, but you will be charged for that data bundle.
Telkom allows that. Which I found quite strange on Vodacom's side.