• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Vodacom, poor service!

Tector

Good evening everyone,

I want to bitch about terrible service I am receiving from Vodacom.

I decided that I want to get a contract from them as they are in my opinion the most advanced network in SA. Wow, what a let down.

I first decided to go to the vodacom 4u store in Somerset Mall on 7 July to apply for a Samsung Galaxy S9. First of all what stupid contracts? I don't want an extra phone with a seperate sim and contract with the device I am applying for. No choice to only take the S9. So I decided to apply and was approved almost immediately. Wow, now hopeful of getting my new phone the same day.

I specifically asked the person helping me if they have stock of this phone or the S8. He said they have stock of the S9 only and are not getting the S8 anymore.

It then turns out they only have 'upgrade stock' of the S9 (so FU new customers) and will have the device in 3-4 days.

Irritated I walked out and went to the main Vodacom shop in the same mall. The lady that helped me there went to have a look at their stock situation and assured me they have the S9 in the color that I want. So I cancelled with the 4u store and began the process all over again.

She went to the back and came back to say to me 'Sorry I have made a mistake, we only have the S9+ in stock.' The S9+ is too bulky for me and more expensive on the same stupid contract so I decided to leave and go the online (next day delivery) route. I saw that they have the S8 and S9 in stock and went with the S8 which is on a cheaper contract and no extra phone so I applied for that on Tuesday 10 July. Minutes later got an email confirming vetting has been approved but no call back from Vodacom direct for hours.

So I decided to call them and was told the confirmation department will contact me shortly. I said it needs to be today as I have meetings the next day and won't be able to answer my phone.

Nothing happened.

I have since made 6 calls to them up until this afternoon the 12th of July. Still the same story. I asked them today if I can be transfered to this 'confirmation department' but was told they can not transfer me there as they must call me.

What year is this? How does next day delivery turn into 3 days later with no confirmation yet?? They haven't even asked where it must be delivered yet. So in the highly unlikely case that I get a call tommorow from them the courier will only deliver by Monday or Tuesday.

I am really very dissapointed in their service and thinking I must just give up and buy the phone cash.

Has anyone else had a similar dissapointing experience with Vodacom?

Last edited:

bashan

Good evening everyone,

I want to bitch about terrible service I am receiving from Vodacom.

I decided that I want to get a contract from them as they are in my opinion the most advanced network in SA. Wow, what a let down.

I first decided to go to the vodacom 4u store in Somerset Mall on 7 July to apply for a Samsung Galaxy S9. First of all what stupid contracts? I don't want an extra phone with a seperate sim and contract with the device I am applying for. No choice to only take the S9. So I decided to apply and was approved almost immediately. Wow, now hopeful of getting my new phone the same day.

I specifically asked the person helping me if they have stock of this phone or the S8. He said they have stock of the S9 only and are not getting the S8 anymore.

It then turns out they only have 'upgrade stock' of the S9 (so FU new customers) and will have the device in 3-4 days.

Irritated I walked out and went to the main Vodacom shop in the same mall. The lady that helped me there went to have a look at their stock situation and assured me they have the S9 in the color that I want. So I cancelled with the 4u store and began the process all over again.

She went to the back and came back to say to me 'Sorry I have made a mistake, we only have the S9+ in stock.' The S9+ is too bulky for me and more expensive on the same stupid contract so I decided to leave and go the online (next day delivery) route. I saw that they have the S8 and S9 in stock and went with the S8 which is on a cheaper contract and no extra phone so I applied for that on Tuesday 10 July. Minutes later got an email confirming vetting has been approved but no call back from Vodacom direct for hours.

So I decided to call them and was told the confirmation department will contact me shortly. I said it needs to be today as I have meetings the next day and won't be able to answer my phone.

Nothing happened.

I have since made 6 calls to them up until this afternoon the 12th of July. Still the same story. I asked them today if I can be transfered to this 'confirmation department' but was told they can not transfer me there as they must call me.

What year is this? How does next day delivery turn into 3 days later with no confirmation yet?? They haven't even asked where it must be delivered yet. So in the highly unlikely case that I get a call tommorow from them the courier will only deliver by Monday or Tuesday.

I am really very dissapointed in their service and thinking I must just give up and buy the phone cash.

Has anyone else had a similar dissapointing experience with Vodacom?
Terrible experiences with them. Did have much better service with the Bozza network dough and been with them for years.

Tector

Terrible experiences with them. Did have much better service with the Bozza network dough and been with them for years.
I have to agree with that [MENTION=285793]bashan[/MENTION]. Whahaha Ntombi from Vodacom direct just phoned me finally and claims that I do not qualify for a R499pm contract. I know for sure that I have an excellent credit score and can certainly afford it. Been working hard at that for years. Well I bought a R200 000 vehicle a year ago on an installment sale with no deposit neccesary but hey not the S8 hey. They can now go and * themselves. Will just buy the phone cash. Wonder if I will be able to do that??

K*kkest service I have received in a long time

bashan

I have to agree with that [MENTION=285793]bashan[/MENTION]. Whahaha Ntombi from Vodacom direct just phoned me finally and claims that I do not qualify for a R499pm contract. I know for sure that I have an excellent credit score and can certainly afford it. Been working hard at that for years. Well I bought a R200 000 vehicle a year ago on an installment sale with no deposit neccesary but hey not the S8 hey. They can now go and * themselves. Will just buy the phone cash. Wonder if I will be able to do that??

K*kkest service I have received in a long time
Why don't you apply at MTN. Port your number if you have too. Give them the finger!!

Tector

Why don't you apply at MTN. Port your number if you have too. Give them the finger!!
Will consider but maybe I should just buy it cash. But most certainly will give them the finger. Since I ported to them from Cell C a few months back - non stop problems.