Vodacom Pricing Discrepancies

neilh

Has anyone else noticed the massive discrepancy in Vodacom's contract pricing? I understood that with the new CPA etc, operators were required to separate the actual contract subscription from the financing of the device. I am in the process of signing up for a new contract so did a simple exercise to compare 3 basic Vodacom contracts, the Smart Data 1 GB, Smart Data 2 GB and the Smart S+.

In a deals booklet, available online at https://clients.za.striata.com/ebooks/vodacomshop/digitalebook/index.html#p=12 the contracts are priced at R199, R299, and R199 respectively, (all without a device). Then if you visit the standard Vodacom website and try to order online, the prices are R379, R479 and R399 respectively, also without a device. Then when I asked our Vodacom rep who looks after our account at work, the prices were R269, R399, and R299 respectively.

I thought that our friends at ICASA and the CPA were supposed to make things simpler for us to compare apples with apples... Seems that Vodacom missed that memo, or their advertising team needs to catch a wake up!

marioat1

Expert Member
Has anyone else noticed the massive discrepancy in Vodacom's contract pricing? I understood that with the new CPA etc, operators were required to separate the actual contract subscription from the financing of the device. I am in the process of signing up for a new contract so did a simple exercise to compare 3 basic Vodacom contracts, the Smart Data 1 GB, Smart Data 2 GB and the Smart S+.

In a deals booklet, available online at https://clients.za.striata.com/ebooks/vodacomshop/digitalebook/index.html#p=12 the contracts are priced at R199, R299, and R199 respectively, (all without a device). Then if you visit the standard Vodacom website and try to order online, the prices are R379, R479 and R399 respectively, also without a device. Then when I asked our Vodacom rep who looks after our account at work, the prices were R269, R399, and R299 respectively.

I thought that our friends at ICASA and the CPA were supposed to make things simpler for us to compare apples with apples... Seems that Vodacom missed that memo, or their advertising team needs to catch a wake up!
Have you checked the January 2019 booklet yet? Link you're using for reference is December 2018

Sumen

Expert Member

Vodacom has a messed up website, that's all.

The booklet price is correct, the price the Vodacom rep gave you is the cost of the subscription if you add a device.

Last edited: