Vodacom repairs and bad service

Good day, I'm new so pardon me if its not correct platform.

I use to work for vodacom regional customer care in 2006, and since I left Ive been with Cell C, so have not dealt much with them again.

My mother in law been a client of them since 1996 got an upgrade but phone was faulty, send it for repairs and got a huge bill for damages. Now the problem is, she has not used it yet, not even her sim was in phone yet. When i inserted sim, as she is old I always assist, the phone did not recognize sim.

When I worked at vodacom we could see if the phone has been used with a sim on the system. And my other question, why was phone not tested? According to me phone must be unboxed, tested with clients sims etc? That was not done, its not like it was delivered? She went in to a vodacom shop! Now Ive been phoning the local vodacare (George, Westerncape) and no assistance and empty promisses I will be called back, still waiting

Please help me

Report it on vodacoms facebook, twitter,Hello peter and lastly ICASA.Keep a paper trail of all correspondence .Do not bad mouth- only report facts-short and sweet.
Thank you for advice. I did that and already my mother in law recieved a sms that they are reviewing repair agian. Lets hope for the best.