Vodacom Smart Packages ripping people off?

fishfly

Honorary Master
Joined
Jan 24, 2005
Messages
11,046
Reaction score
335
So I was browsing through Vodacom's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge contract:

http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/sh...?baseDeviceId=668&dealId=104812&deviceId=4505


The Smart packages between the S, M, L and XL has an odd discrepancy in the cost of the device:

Smart S
Device Cost: R370 PMx24
Plan Cost: R209 PMx24

Smart M
Device Cost: R420 PMx24
Plan Cost: R318.99 PMx24

Smart L
Device Cost: R320 PMx24
Plan Cost: R528.99 PMx24

Smart XL
Device Cost: R240 PMx24
Plan Cost: R738.99 PMx24


I can understand from the S to the L the device cost drops by R50 per month but what I cannot understand is how their M package jumps from S @ R370 up to M @ R420.

I tried the website support chat asking for clarification and I was told:
Thank you for holding, sir the higher the package the lower the device cost.

She even goes as far to say:
The smart M is one of our best selling packages.

Suddenly she realised the discrepency I was querying about and decided to backtrack:
I can see the discrepancies here Sir an I apologise for the misunderstanding. what you are requesting is an explanation for package breakdown which I cannot give you. The deals and solutions are provided to us by Vodacom marketing team and we do not have the access to query such discrepancies
 
Last edited:
Lol busted! They hope nobody looks closely at the deals.
 
Smart S is a complete rip off in my opinion. I couldn't handle the fact that you only get 200mb of data, and even worse, you have to ay R20 more to have the uchoose option which is exactly the same except that you can top up. Then when you top out, our per minute rate is significantly higher than prepaid.
 
These are the deals I have on my side.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE 64GB BLACK + TOP DOG VOUCHER @ R599 PM (R390 + R209 Subs) on Smart S
SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE 64GB BLACK + TOP DOG VOUCHER @ R709 PM (R390 + R319 Subs) on Smart M
 
Last edited:
So I was browsing through Vodacom's Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge contract:

http://www.vodacom.co.za/vodacom/sh...?baseDeviceId=668&dealId=104812&deviceId=4505


The Smart packages between the S, M, L and XL has an odd discrepancy in the cost of the device:

Smart S
Device Cost: R370 PMx24
Plan Cost: R209 PMx24

Smart M
Device Cost: R420 PMx24
Plan Cost: R318.99 PMx24

Smart L
Device Cost: R320 PMx24
Plan Cost: R528.99 PMx24

Smart XL
Device Cost: R240 PMx24
Plan Cost: R738.99 PMx24


I can understand from the S to the L the device cost drops by R50 per month but what I cannot understand is how their M package jumps from S @ R370 up to M @ R420.

I tried the website support chat asking for clarification and I was told:

She even goes as far to say:


Suddenly she realised the discrepency I was querying about and decided to backtrack:

I think they meant Smart S is the best selling package, its the one they advertise all the time and is on the cover of all the magazines...
 
These are the deals I have on my side.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE 64GB BLACK + TOP DOG VOUCHER @ R599 PM (R390 + R209 Subs) on Smart S
SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 EDGE 64GB BLACK + TOP DOG VOUCHER @ R709 PM (R390 + R319 Subs) on Smart M

It's what is shown on their site... try it click on Smart S, then Smart M, Smart L... the website shows the same phone and difference pricing options.

Not like I'm clicking on a new link...


@Rusty that doesn't explain the price difference on the device cost.


Also looking at the Apple deals on their website... same thing...
 
It's what is shown on their site... try it click on Smart S, then Smart M, Smart L... the website shows the same phone and difference pricing options.

Not like I'm clicking on a new link...


@Rusty that doesn't explain the price difference on the device cost.


Also looking at the Apple deals on their website... same thing...

I saw. Could be a website error. I work according to my dealsheets, not their website.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X