Vodacom wasps at it again.

Dups!

So, in the last couple of days I have been subscribed twice to the same service I don't know. Fortunately, or unfortunately as I shouldn't even have to be engaging in that act, I have been checking on my subscriptions often lately due to the levels of "forced" subscriptions.

I canceled the subscription last week on Thursday but this morning I was subscribed again. I have canceled it yet again. I am pretty sure they will try again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025_061854_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
    Screenshot_20201025_061854_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 30

Marc123

The same issue this morning. I have all content blocked, but they still tried twice.
When I reported it to Vodacom, they gave a copy/paste response on how to block.
I did not tell them for me, but for the Millions of other subscribers that have not managed to dig through Vodacom's maze of content blocking. (I had to threaten Legal action and POPI before they finally did it manually)

I would love to see a class-action lawsuit against Vodacom for not taking action against criminal WASPS.

They will allow it all day as they get a cut from the fees. I understand this to be considered the proceeds of crime.
Surely they can be held accountable?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So, in the last couple of days I have been subscribed twice to the same service I don't know. Fortunately, or unfortunately as I shouldn't even have to be engaging in that act, I have been checking on my subscriptions often lately due to the levels of "forced" subscriptions.

I canceled the subscription last week on Thursday but this morning I was subscribed again. I have canceled it yet again. I am pretty sure they will try again.

You should rather block from being able to be subscribed at all.

I added someone on my Vodacom SIM hotspot and seems they did more than use it for whatsapp :mad:. I had 2 subscription attempts it seems but both failed (got SMS about it) due to permanent subscription block being enabled.

ghoti

Karmic Sangoma
Is there any valid use for wasps? Do they offer any services anyone actually wants? Im really curious about this.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Is there any valid use for wasps? Do they offer any services anyone actually wants? Im really curious about this.

that's what I'm trying to figure out myself,
who exactly are these WASP's ?

are they run by Vodacom and MTN employees looking to get a bit of money on the side.
kind of like SAA employees being ANC members and looking to funnel money into their own pockets, legally that is.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
You should rather block from being able to be subscribed at all.

I added someone on my Vodacom SIM hotspot and seems they did more than use it for whatsapp :mad:. I had 2 subscription attempts it seems but both failed (got SMS about it) due to permanent subscription block being enabled.
Any links on how to permanently block subscriptions?

Apogee

Send the message 'STOP ALL' to 31050 and be done with it.

Attachments

• Vodacom Stop All WASPS.jpg
    Vodacom Stop All WASPS.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 14

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Send the message 'STOP ALL' to 31050 and be done with it.

And how do you stop new attempts?

The USSD string for blocking content services on Vodacom prepaid seems to be:
*135# > 11 > 1 > 10 > 1 > 3

Apogee

You can also block it in the app under 'Content Services'.

Tap 'More' and then 'Content Services'.

See the switch at the bottom of the screen to block all subscription attempts.

20201029_105316.jpg

Dups!

And how do you stop new attempts?

The USSD string for blocking content services on Vodacom prepaid seems to be:
*135# > 11 > 1 > 10 > 1 > 3
Funny you should mention new attempts, my sim has been set on block new attempt since forever. I am actually surprised that it doesn't do what it is supposed to.

Once in a while I get a "trespasser."