Vodacom WTF - retaining phone number

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Since when can you "not guarantee that the phone number will stay the same when you end a contract and move to prepaid"?
And instead try to upsell to another contract "in order to guarantee you keep your number"?

Seriously?

SHL

Since when can you "not guarantee that the phone number will stay the same when you end a contract and move to prepaid"?
And instead try to upsell to another contract "in order to guarantee you keep your number"?

Seriously?
I moved to prepaid about a year ago with no issues.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I believe this is going to get sorted out after I escalated a complaint. But wow. The lengths these retention consultants will go to.....

marlin178

Expert Member
I requested to move to prepaid last month and other than the guy trying to sell me a cheaper contract, he didn't mention anything like this.

I got an SMS to state that my contract will be moved to prepaid at the end of the month.

Sounds like that dude in retention was talking a whole lotta bs

isie

Honorary Master

Seriously?
sounds like BS trying to get you to take a contract, ask for a recording of the conversation so you can take it to Icasa and watch how magically it will turn to oh you some how misunderstood the consultant.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
sounds like BS trying to get you to take a contract, ask for a recording of the conversation so you can take it to Icasa and watch how magically it will turn to oh you some how misunderstood the consultant.
No we've already received an apology, the conversion is done and some airtime was thrown in too.

AchmatK

Executive Member
No we've already received an apology, the conversion is done and some airtime was thrown in too.
What number did you call? Need to port my wife's month to month contract to prepaid before moving it over to Telkom.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
What number did you call? Need to port my wife's month to month contract to prepaid before moving it over to Telkom.
082 1958

They WILL try to persuade you to sign another contract. Be prepared. They're measured on how many cancelations they avoid.

rodga

Honorary Master
If you going to telkom prepaid, then have a look at this before moving. They now want me to recharge every 20 days to keep my sim from being suspended (from what exactly no one can tell me), even though I have airtime and receive calls/sms everyday. I rarely make any outgoing calls.
67362184d117b1c994c328ffb0a89541.jpg

Sinbad

Honorary Master
If you going to telkom prepaid, then have a look at this before moving. They now want me to recharge every 20 days to keep my sim from being suspended (from what exactly no one can tell me), even though I have airtime and receive calls/sms everyday. I rarely make any outgoing calls.
67362184d117b1c994c328ffb0a89541.jpg
They want you to spend on the card to keep it active. So just send an sms or something