Vox Supaphones not working

Howard Neill

Our new Vox Supaphones were delivered on 26 May. One week later, they are still not working. We have spent literally hours talking to Vox Support staff. They are nice people but we have better things to do, than to chat to them, for hours on end.

The old phone worked perfectly and was set up within minutes.

I believe that someone will come here to sort out the problem, for a cost of R250. I don't see why we should pay for that, when the old Vox phone was working perfectly. I will reluctantly pay the R250, just to get the new phones going.

Hummercellc

Expert Member
if you log into the web interface and click settings > Telephony > edit (next to IP1) > Show Advanced Settings > then change Domain, Proxy server address, Registrar server & Outbound proxy all to "vphone.co.za" after 2 or 3 days your phones will stop working again then you need to change the same parameters back to "sf.vphone.co.za" (without the comma's)

Hope that helps

Howard Neill

Thanks. I know that web interface well. We have been there so many times, changing this, then changing that. I will give you suggestion a try. Vox have stopped phoning us. I think that they are embarrassed and don't know what to say any more.

Howard Neill

Thanks. I went to change it, but those parameters already say vphone.co.za.

At what stage do I give up on VOX? Is there an alternative?

Hummercellc

Expert Member
that is strange.... do you have a softphone that you could try your account in maybe... and do you have your vox adsl phone still?

gmza

The Supafone is just a Siemens A580 IP. It will work with any SIP-based VoIP provider. Switch Telecom sells these units as well and supports them: www.switchtel.co.za. But if you search this forum you'll also find countless other providers that will work with this phone. The problem is that the unit is on rental from Vox; i.e. if you cancel the service with them, they will expect you to return the hardware.

Vox..............................:mad:
Says it all mate.
@gmza - True.:D
And better Options for hardware as well.:rolleyes:

cvandoes

I'm trying to get my analog phone to work on the Vox VOIP service with a Fanvil G100S gateway(adapter/switch). The phone\adapter was working fine before I switch from Switch Telecom VOIP to Vox VOIP. I downloaded the manual for the G100s but am stuck trying to configure the device. The manual says the following ' When the device and computer are connected to the network successfully, you enter the device WAN port IP address in the browser (gateway IP address can be get by dialing * 111 #) ' My (first) question is, how do I log into the web interface?