VPN for BBC and US Netflix

Charis76

I have a sim card RAIN modem at home and had a Getflix subscription which enabled me to adjust the DNS on my iPad to watch BBC and Amazon Prime but it never allowed for US Netflix.

My Getflix subsciption has ended and I am looking for a new VPN which will allow me to watch BBC, Amazon Prime and US Netflix on my iPad.

Any suggestions?

SamWill

I have a sim card RAIN modem at home and had a Getflix subscription which enabled me to adjust the DNS on my iPad to watch BBC and Amazon Prime but it never allowed for US Netflix.

My Getflix subsciption has ended and I am looking for a new VPN which will allow me to watch BBC, Amazon Prime and US Netflix on my iPad.

Any suggestions?
Saw a review of FlixVPN on YouTube where they were able to watch US Netflix. I never tried as I am struggling to watch everything I am interested in watching in the local catalogue.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Windscribe works with US Netflix but not the rest. AFAIK Nord works with Netflix and prime but is too expensive. Happy with my lifetime Windscribe sub.

Nithan15

Expert Member
I use the supervpn app on my android device for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
I use the supervpn app on my android device for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
Lol...

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/supervpn-free-vpn-client
The app has been criticized in multiple reports over recent years. For example, in 2016 Australian researchers CSIRO found that SuperVPN was flagged as malware by 13 engines at VirusTotal, the third highest score out of a field of 234. They were mostly classing it as adware-like rather than anything truly dangerous, and that still means most engines thought it was safe (and as we write its VirusTotal score is zero), but this indicates the app may be doing things differently to many other VPNs.

A 2016 Vulners report listed many other SuperVPN vulnerabilities and problems. We have no idea if the report was accurate, and the vulnerabilities may have been fixed in the meantime, anyway, but this is still a concern.

There's another potential issue in the app's permissions. It needs access to Device & App History (get running apps, read sensitive log data), Identity and Contacts, Location, Photos/Media/Files, Storage, Wi-Fi Connection Information and Device ID and Call Information
. That covers the rights to see installed apps, browsing history, profile data and your file system.

GreatWmR

I hear expressVPN can bypass Netflix
I've been considering using them one day and it will work with most Asus routers

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Support local bro http://travel.futuretv.co.za supports all streaming channels from one point protect your privacy etc works with all US , UK and SA channels .

If its supposed to be local why are they charging in dollars?

also $99.00 a year??

smartdns is $40 dollars for a year and $50 for two years

I think I will stick with my smartdns

steco777

If its supposed to be local why are they charging in dollars?

also $99.00 a year??

smartdns is $40 dollars for a year and $50 for two years

I think I will stick with my smartdns

Sorry forgot to add Im running a promo for the next few days use code 37OYZWEZEK . $3 per month cancel anytime .

https://travel.futuretv.co.za/cart.php

Thor

Honorary Master
SmartDNS is hands down the best netflix unblocker around, I use it for BBC iplayer and US netflix.
^that is my ref link - support a brother, gives you a discount too.

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
SmartDNS is hands down the best netflix unblocker around, I use it for BBC iplayer and US netflix.
^that is my ref link - support a brother, gives you a discount too.

I found them slow when used in conjunction with PiHole so never used it beyond the trial period.

Thor

Honorary Master
I found them slow when used in conjunction with PiHole so never used it beyond the trial period.
Can't be slow, it a DNS proxy not a VPN, unless you enabled the VPN.

I use it with PI-Hole as well.

Its faster than 8 8 8 8 for me. Slower than 1 1 1 1

eg2505

Honorary Master
nobody use tunnelbear or nord vpn?
also is there no such thing as a completely free VPN?

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
nobody use tunnelbear or nord vpn?
also is there no such thing as a completely free VPN?
Sure if you pay with your data. I was lucky to get a lifetime to Windscribe last year for $47 so it already paid for itself. Basically using it for free now. They don't log your data and I can follow the owner online and see what he does and say. Will grab a static IP sometime to support them though. Great service.

hilton

Expert Member
Does Windscribe require you to login every time your IP changes? This is why I don't like SmartDNS.

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Can't be slow, it a DNS proxy not a VPN, unless you enabled the VPN.

I use it with PI-Hole as well.

Its faster than 8 8 8 8 for me. Slower than 1 1 1 1

Netflix was definitely loading slower. It is possible I enabled the VPN, will have to play around with it again.