Vuma or Telkom? Where to from here?

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Vuma installed my landline on Friday. The installation guy gave me a pamphlet and said I can join an ISP via connecting my pc to the Vuma line and choosing an ISP from their landing page. Which I then did. I went with Telkom (20/2 uncapped - 12months) as they cover the Vuma installation fee and connection fee (R999) and I am currently an ADSL customer with them and reasonably happy - and my account is in credit! :D

Moments after signing up to Vuma and selecting the Telkom option I received an email from "Venturanext.se" with an order number for my Telkom request and an effective date of 31/01/18. Is this email from Telkom? Who on earth is Venturanext? Or could this be a middle man at Vuma? I am totally confused. :confused:

I need to know who to contact to migrate or even cancel my ADSL - but nobody ever answers 10213 sales line at Telkom. I sit on the line for 20-30 minutes without anyone answering - just the bloody music playing. The chat line cannot help either. They say I MUST deal with the 10213 number. WTF.

Anyone else had some success with Telkom fiber and migrating their ADSL over to FIBER?
Shall I rather try a Telkom store instead of wasting my time on the 10213 number?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So you jumped the gun a bit by plugging in and ordering, I'm not sure what the process is with Telkom on migrating but generally you do this before the fibre line is installed.

Venturanext is the provisioning system on the Vumatel portal.

rvanwyk

Expert Member
I need to know who to contact to migrate or even cancel my ADSL - but nobody ever answers 10213 sales line at Telkom. I sit on the line for 20-30 minutes without anyone answering - just the bloody music playing. The chat line cannot help either. They say I MUST deal with the 10213 number. WTF.

Yet you still went with Telkom? I know you have a credit, but I would recommend going with Cool Ideas! You'll never have to call 10213 again :)

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
Yet you still went with Telkom? I know you have a credit, but I would recommend going with Cool Ideas! You'll never have to call 10213 again :)
There is also that lil ( big for me) issue of the R1710 and R999 fees...covered by Telkom.

rvanwyk

Expert Member
There is also that lil ( big for me) issue of the R1710 and R999 fees...covered by Telkom.

I know HomeConnect has a package that covers that. Think it is R888pm. Don’t know how good they are though.

irBosOtter

Expert Member

Well, suspect you going to pay for 2 services for a while, will work out more in the end.... (Thanks to telkom's crap system, but maybe you are lucky)

Hope you get that ADSL cancelled soon, good luck!

Last edited:

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
So you jumped the gun a bit by plugging in and ordering, I'm not sure what the process is with Telkom on migrating but generally you do this before the fibre line is installed.

Venturanext is the provisioning system on the Vumatel portal.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know whether the ordernumber sent from Venturanext email would be a Vuma order number and the active date of the connection given in the email is the Vuma date? Or would that be Telkom?

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
http://www.telkom.co.za/today/media/downloads/42546_Contract__Service_Cancellation_form_F_2.PDF
Good luck. I got my ADSL landline and everything disconnected but am still being billed...

I had success in printing out the email that I sent, with the attachment, then print out the notification of receipt. Go into a Telkom store, and make any employee there sign acknowledging receipt of the cancellation requests, and that any erroneous billing they will be help liable for. I did this, on advice from a lawyer friend. Didn't get one bill after the date of cancellation.