We can’t filter all content: YouTube

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
They also cannot double check apps that get uploaded to the Play Store, but they map and street view the entire world.

Meh, but I don't care anyway.

TheGrimReaperUH

You manage to strap an advertisement which no one wants onto every video yet you can't filter it? hmmm

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Rightly so. Their machine learning must still get better and then they must apply that to video. Don't know what ads and street view got to do with it.

zippy

Executive Member
Im sure the NSA and GCHQ will be more than happy to assist them :)

Rocket Raccoon

Executive Member
A couple of months ago I stumbled upon a sex instruction video on YT with full on sex and everything :D

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Rightly so. Their machine learning must still get better and then they must apply that to video. Don't know what ads and street view got to do with it.
Ads are irrelevant, but Street View goes to show what resources are available to Google. Mapping the whole world, but unable to do other things.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Ads are irrelevant, but Street View goes to show what resources are available to Google. Mapping the whole world, but unable to do other things.
Stupid comparison. It's relatively easy to map the world http://spectrum.ieee.org/robotics/artificial-intelligence/the-unknown-startup-that-built-googles-first-selfdriving-car
The company designed a processing board that could take inputs from digital cameras, high-end GPS units, and inertial sensors, and then integrate data from those systems so that the camera images were coded with positional data.
But they still need to manually check and correct maps.
Yet satellites and algorithms only get you so far. Google employs a small army of human operators (they won’t say exactly how many) to manually check and correct the maps using an in-house program called Atlas.
http://www.wired.com/2014/12/google-maps-ground-truth/ So they will need to hire more people or let the public help...

Last edited:

kianm

Honorary Master
Ohh really ok. But you are so excellent at targeted ads and the likes for everyone on earth

Valerion

Expert Member
https://www.youtube.com/yt/press/statistics.html

100 hours are uploaded every minute. 1440 minutes in a day, so 144,000 hours per day. Divide this into 3 shifts, will give you 6,000 man-hours. So Google will need at least 18,000-20,000 people to check YouTube uploads at the current rate.

What defines terror? The message? The guns it contains? How would you draw a line, other than "I'll know it when I see it" for these people to follow?

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
Now this would be a problem if videos explode when you watch them. Otherwise it is just needless censorship.