Web Africa ADSL general feedback

10 day usage:139 GB
10 Meg Business Uncapped

Your Uncapped Category:
Affected

How little data do I have to use to not be shaped? :mad:

Your rating on the Business uncapped is affected by the last 10 rolling days usage not the entire months so there could have been a spike in your usage in your usage for the last 10 days.

PM me your account details so I can have a look into your usage.
 
Thanks

I am using NZB and DL from IS and WA servers. Up until the start of this month, I generally ran at 95%-100% all the time; since the promo I seldom get this and most days have been up and down. Today has been one of the worst this month.

My experience has been a degradation in speeds and the most common cause for me is that everyone is trying to max out downloads. Hopefully then next month things will be better

+1

My situation is not as bad as yours but I only managed a few days of full speed DL this month and that was at the start whereas before most of the time I got full DL speeds during DL+ time

My stats today (max would be 3.7 gigs per hour)
2.8
2
2.7
3.6
3.7
3.5

My DLs should have completed in time but I still have 2.8 gigs to DL

Every time I bring this up, WA just says no problems reported and all is good

HI Fulton17,

I have asked our network team to check if there are any issues with the network and/or capacity in the Durban area but according to the info we have in front of us there are no issues. We need them to look a bit deeper and give us feedback.

what is the aim of the 50tb thing when it kills me on my capped package?

after 00h00 on on an a capped account and getting no more than 4mbps when it did 16mbps from the same site before. i'm not usually awake at this time nor generally check the download stats. but i am downloading a huge package today over d+ (because i thought of it near the time).

or is it normal for a 16meg line to run at 4meg during this time?

edit - how do i gain from this 50tb thing when it seems it will cost me on this 16gb download? (eta - 13h)


no actually, i bought this product because it gave me 300GB. the extra 300gb was useful i thought. and i thought actually of the less than 300gb downloads i do, a good number is after 12.

but if d+ then limits my speed, is this advertised? did i care too much for the first 300gb not to care for the d+ 300gb?

milomak, which area are you in? I would like to do the same.
 
In not impressed with how WebAfica handle debit orders that don't go through.

Recently, while out of the country, my R99 debit order with WebAfrica bounced. As I had no means of checking my account status until I got back, my WebAfrica account remained unpaid.

My problem is, WebAfrica continued daily trying to get the money out my account, and obviously daily, it bounced. When I was eventually able to check my account I found 17 attempts each incurring a bank penalty fee of R7.50 (so total was R127)

WebAfrica now seems to have suspended this account. All very well, but now I'm reluctant to continue with WebAfrica as this practice of multiple attempts to enforce a debit order is not the right way to go.

In my opinion, one attempt should be made, client then contacted, account suspended pending manual payment.

This occurred in July, I don't think Ill renew.
 
In not impressed with how WebAfica handle debit orders that don't go through.

Recently, while out of the country, my R99 debit order with WebAfrica bounced. As I had no means of checking my account status until I got back, my WebAfrica account remained unpaid.

My problem is, WebAfrica continued daily trying to get the money out my account, and obviously daily, it bounced. When I was eventually able to check my account I found 17 attempts each incurring a bank penalty fee of R7.50 (so total was R127)

WebAfrica now seems to have suspended this account. All very well, but now I'm reluctant to continue with WebAfrica as this practice of multiple attempts to enforce a debit order is not the right way to go.

In my opinion, one attempt should be made, client then contacted, account suspended pending manual payment.

This occurred in July, I don't think Ill renew.


Hi Leftfoot,

Really sorry about this and completely understand why you upset. Can you please PM me your account details so I can get our Billing team to assist asap.
 
HI Fulton17,

I have asked our network team to check if there are any issues with the network and/or capacity in the Durban area but according to the info we have in front of us there are no issues. We need them to look a bit deeper and give us feedback.

Thanks so much.

This morning was the first morning where it went at close to full capacity - up to now, all over the place.

Hopefully the engineers will be able to help sort this out
 
Does anybody know if I download games via STEAM, if it would affect my star rating? That's when using the webafrica's content server as it's in the "freezone" apparently.

On 3 stars, downloading 25gb now.. during the day.
 
Did Webafrica just die for anyone else ? capped account connects but cant resolve anything
 
Hey guys ,i was down aswell Durban Web Africa capped account.all good now tho. :D
 
Does anybody know if I download games via STEAM, if it would affect my star rating? That's when using the webafrica's content server as it's in the "freezone" apparently.

On 3 stars, downloading 25gb now.. during the day.

Downloading from Steam will affect your rating unfortunately as it is no longer under Freezone.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X