Web Africa ADSL general feedback

Well, contact them again and tell them it's bull****. You paid for the month of July, so you have to get the service you paid for until the month ends. If it were me, I'd do charge-back for services not rendered.

It sounds like WA support is notorious for simply not giving a crap.
 
I wonder if management still needs to approve it like this one
Cancellations are not (and never have been) subject to approval by management.

Grimspoon, can you send me a PM with your customer code or service details and I'll take a look.
 
My dad has contacted customer support and apparently they said that's the way it is (that's what I got from the phone call from him).

I've already bought a couple of gigs prepaid seeing as this was pretty urgent.

Can you please PM the client code I want to have a look into this for you. Like I said the service should not have been stopped today.
 
until now i've kept out of this because i haven't really had issues with WA but now i'm getting really gatvol. why is it that my internet dies after a few hours - every single time lately - that's every single time? and i'm tired of holding on for the phoney american accent to tell me where i am in line!
 
I just have a question about speeds. I noticed that my 1mb line now has upload speeds of 512k (48KB), is this how its supposed to be cause just last month I was still barely at 256k. I'm enjoying the new upload speed just wondering where it came from :D
 
I slammed WebAfrica openly on MyBB because of their poor handling of my cancellation.

I cancelled out of my own greed and not because of their poor service. I went to another provider that was cheaper and I instantly regretted it. After numerous attempts from them to sort it out, it has not improved.

After purchasing 50gb to push me through the month, I am so happy to be back with WebAfrica! :)

As soon as my line is transferred back to Telkom at the end of the month , it's going straight back to WebAfrica.

So I publicly apologize for my rants about their cancellation. I am just so happy to be back!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2117650554.png
 
I slammed WebAfrica openly on MyBB because of their poor handling of my cancellation.

I cancelled out of my own greed and not because of their poor service. I went to another provider that was cheaper and I instantly regretted it. After numerous attempts from them to sort it out, it has not improved.

After purchasing 50gb to push me through the month, I am so happy to be back with WebAfrica! :)

As soon as my line is transferred back to Telkom at the end of the month , it's going straight back to WebAfrica.

So I publicly apologize for my rants about their cancellation. I am just so happy to be back!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2117650554.png

Awesome stuff CPTboy. We are glad you back with us and welcome you with open arms :)
 
I have been offered to take over someones RedAfrica 130gig account, but after reading on the website that its a silver priority, it means my p2p downloads will be slow? I have specifically got a 10mb line for speed, so not sure if this move will be good, as I am currently with Afrihost and the speeds are good. Can a rep perhaps clarify for me, what I can expect, because speed is important for me, I simply cannot wait 2 / 3 hours for downloads. Thank you.
 
Wow might be meh too.
I have been offered to take over someones RedAfrica 130gig account, but after reading on the website that its a silver priority, it means my p2p downloads will be slow? I have specifically got a 10mb line for speed, so not sure if this move will be good, as I am currently with Afrihost and the speeds are good. Can a rep perhaps clarify for me, what I can expect, because speed is important for me, I simply cannot wait 2 / 3 hours for downloads. Thank you.
 
I have been offered to take over someones RedAfrica 130gig account, but after reading on the website that its a silver priority, it means my p2p downloads will be slow? I have specifically got a 10mb line for speed, so not sure if this move will be good, as I am currently with Afrihost and the speeds are good. Can a rep perhaps clarify for me, what I can expect, because speed is important for me, I simply cannot wait 2 / 3 hours for downloads. Thank you.

Just remember, and please correct me if I am wrong, but that would be 30GB any time, but the 100GB is only from 12AM - 6AM. Mine was like that anyway.

My personal opinion? Stick with Afri. My speeds have doubled since moving off WA.
 
Hmm, only from 12am to 6am? That is then useless really, I don't download that time of the night :(
 
Hmm, only from 12am to 6am? That is then useless really, I don't download that time of the night :(

Yip. Its 30GB for the month, and then they throw in a extra 100GB BUT that's only after hours from 12 - 6 in the morning. That't the catch.
 
Seems to be some outages on WA upstream through Level3. International is dying.
 
Anyone having issues with youtube and browsing? Right now it is taking a few minutes just to get onto a youtube video and then it stammers and stops. Really annoying. Took ages just to load this page.

For me the hassles of old are coming back again. Capped seemed to be working well for a while, but now it just depends :(

Have reported to support earlier
 
I have been offered to take over someones RedAfrica 130gig account, but after reading on the website that its a silver priority, it means my p2p downloads will be slow? I have specifically got a 10mb line for speed, so not sure if this move will be good, as I am currently with Afrihost and the speeds are good. Can a rep perhaps clarify for me, what I can expect, because speed is important for me, I simply cannot wait 2 / 3 hours for downloads. Thank you.

Hi Nicci

The Red Africa accounts are on Silver bandwidth priority as per: http://kb.webafrica.co.za/article/A...vity/ADSL/Bandwidth-Priority-Profiles.html#H2. We cant really say what your speeds will be as it will depend on your line, exchange etc. The best thing to do is to ask the person who you want to buy the account from to test it out first and see.
 
Hmm, only from 12am to 6am? That is then useless really, I don't download that time of the night :(

Yip. Its 30GB for the month, and then they throw in a extra 100GB BUT that's only after hours from 12 - 6 in the morning. That't the catch.

And during 12-6 your speeds will likely be pretty slow because everyone is scheduling their downloads for then.

To be honest guys download plus works. I currently sync at 6mb due to the state of my line/exchange and I can finish my 50gb download plus within a 2 weeks. My account runs on Silver bandwidth priority so its exactly the same as Red Africa accounts and if you schedule your downloads on your P2P client you can use the entire 100gb in no time.

Also have a look at our KB article on download plus for more info http://kb.webafrica.co.za/article/AA-00739/93/Product-Info/Download-Plus-Q-A.html
 
Anyone having issues with youtube and browsing? Right now it is taking a few minutes just to get onto a youtube video and then it stammers and stops. Really annoying. Took ages just to load this page.

For me the hassles of old are coming back again. Capped seemed to be working well for a while, but now it just depends :(

Have reported to support earlier

Hi Fulton17,

There was issues yesterday on some international links which has been sorted.
 
To be honest guys download plus works. I currently sync at 6mb due to the state of my line/exchange and I can finish my 50gb download plus within a 2 weeks. My account runs on Silver bandwidth priority so its exactly the same as Red Africa accounts and if you schedule your downloads on your P2P client you can use the entire 100gb in no time.

Also have a look at our KB article on download plus for more info http://kb.webafrica.co.za/article/AA-00739/93/Product-Info/Download-Plus-Q-A.html

On a 6mb account, 50gb in two weeks? Wow. Astonishing.

That's exactly what Nicci has been saying. She doesn't want to wait ages for a download because she has to schedule it for after hours all because the ISP is stuck in the 90s.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X