Web Africa ADSL general feedback

This is the 3rd time this week I am getting interruption and very slow international traffic at around 12 midnight, which usually lasts for a few minutes till everything returns to normal. Local is fine except for WA website which is also usually slow and also effected at around the same time. Not happy about this. What is the cause as this was not like this before? And no its not my line I have tested this already.
 
It's been really pathetic to say the least. I have a host of different packages at WA and uncapped DSL is definitely not reliable at all.

Is there anything I can assist with? PM me your client code and I will have a look at your issues.
 
Getting super slow speeds (dial-up slow) and d/c's on WA tonight. Anyone else?

Afrihost accounts are fine.

Woodstock, Cpt
 
I can honestly say, my Redafrica account has gone downhill. Downloads still go at 100kbs (only have 1mb line), but browsing and youtube and gaming is horrible.

Trying my 1mb uncapped openweb account (for only R108 nogal) and man, what a difference.

Hopefully WA overcome these difficulties as they are a great company.
 
Thanks for everything WA, but I cancelled mine. NNTP is being throttled/shaped from 9isham -4/5pm. I checked my Netlimiter logs, and the EXACT same stats for 2 days (I didn't even compare previous weeks). The exact same amount from the same time etc.

Not over my limit or anything.

And my browsing was slow yesterday too. Very sluggish.
 
Morning Guys,

We have no reported network issues. Can everyone who is having slow download speed issues PM me your customer codes so I can take this further.
 
I can honestly say, my Redafrica account has gone downhill. Downloads still go at 100kbs (only have 1mb line), but browsing and youtube and gaming is horrible.

Trying my 1mb uncapped openweb account (for only R108 nogal) and man, what a difference.

Hopefully WA overcome these difficulties as they are a great company.

Funny enough I feel the same abour WA (great company). I tested the afrihost rage's test account. Wow, speed was better and no "checking" my downloads, or queing it for 12am was great.

And I have reported the slow nntp speeds a few times in the past, and I'm tired of reporting it. I CAN see something is happening 9am..when my speeds go sour...
 
300 ms local pings tonight, 2mb speedtests on a 10mb line, eish!
 
WA - what is going on?

At a guess, the sudden influx of ex afrihosters ;)
 
Hehe, the WA guys are probably happy right now. With how terrible the Afrihost Uncapped is WebAfrica is now no longer the worst Uncapped service in the country. :p
 
WA...has gotten very bad lately. Last night playing a mmo on US servers with lag spikes of over 33000ms….this has been the norm for awhile now. My 8ta connection has better latency than WA at this point in mmo’s. It just seems like it is not getting any better. Two of my friends that I recommend to move to WA as now cancelled their contracts with WA, and another one going the end of this month.

I might have to join them if it does not get any better, especially since I have logged call after call, with no joy. I logged my last call last night. If they cannot get it sorted, I am sorry to say I will also be added to the cancelled list.
 
WA...has gotten very bad lately. Last night playing a mmo on US servers with lag spikes of over 33000ms….this has been the norm for awhile now. My 8ta connection has better latency than WA at this point in mmo’s. It just seems like it is not getting any better. Two of my friends that I recommend to move to WA as now cancelled their contracts with WA, and another one going the end of this month.

I might have to join them if it does not get any better, especially since I have logged call after call, with no joy. I logged my last call last night. If they cannot get it sorted, I am sorry to say I will also be added to the cancelled list.

I see you have logged a support ticket with our ADSL department and they are busy looking into this for you. Hopefully we can this resolved as we would not want you to leave.
 
WA...has gotten very bad lately. Last night playing a mmo on US servers with lag spikes of over 33000ms….this has been the norm for awhile now. My 8ta connection has better latency than WA at this point in mmo’s. It just seems like it is not getting any better. Two of my friends that I recommend to move to WA as now cancelled their contracts with WA, and another one going the end of this month.

I might have to join them if it does not get any better, especially since I have logged call after call, with no joy. I logged my last call last night. If they cannot get it sorted, I am sorry to say I will also be added to the cancelled list.

Service was fine until about 3 weeks ago but have had frequent packet loss in Starcraft 2 and slow connections at times, not logged anything as haven't had time. FNB account works fine so topped that up.
 
Service was fine until about 3 weeks ago but have had frequent packet loss in Starcraft 2 and slow connections at times, not logged anything as haven't had time. FNB account works fine so topped that up.

Hi Axsis,

Please PM me your customer code & I will log it with our support guys for you.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X