Web Africa - Great Success

KaMoS

Expert Member
I have a 100/100 uncapped fibre line with Web Africa. I got it in June 2018 after I moved from RocketNet. I left RocketNet because Web Africa was cheaper. After activation I did a few speed tests and speeds were good. However twitch streaming was terrible. I could barely stream at 720p. I complained to them but it didn't really improve.
Last month I streamed the Dota 2 China major and to my surprise, I was able to stream on the highest quality 1080p@60fps without any buffering. It's stayed like this since then, no buffering at all, even with the wifey streaming 4k Netflix in the other room.

So for a change, I'd like to give credit where credit is due. Thank you Web Africa for whatever you did to fix this problem. Much appreciated.

Edit: Added screenshot of speed test to Germany.

cavedog

Honorary Master
You changed from Rocketnet to Webafrica. :eek: Okay well it's cheaper because you are going to LOVE that 300GB FUP. Rocketnet has no FUP at all. I assume the Jitter reading is not right but other than that the speedtest looks respectable. The 300GB FUP is disgusting though.

KaMoS

Expert Member
You changed from Rocketnet to Webafrica. :eek: Okay well it's cheaper because you are going to LOVE that 300GB FUP. Rocketnet has no FUP at all. I assume the Jitter reading is not right but other than that the speedtest looks respectable. The 300GB FUP is disgusting though.
No FUP here. I host a seedbox at home. Last month I downloaded 1.38TB on the seedbox alone. And then we stream more than 100 hours a week (cumulatively) in the house.